Sunday, November 1, 2015

No. 4: Fly With The Winners

Earlier this year, Oiselle put out the Flight Manual. The Flight Manual puts forth a set of ideas meant to create success in running and in life. As I've read these ideas, certain people, friendships, experiences, come to mind. It's an interesting way to look at how we approach our every day interactions, who we want to be and what kind of impact we want to make. Number 4 is fresh in my mind today.



It's so true that who we align ourselves with is incredibly important. Life is short and we only get one go at it, so why not drench ourselves in positivity, strength, and fun? "The Winners" aren't always the one crossing the finish line first or making the most money. "The Winners" as I see it are those who make me stronger, happier, and more fulfilled. 



We recently had the amazing good fortune to have an event with Sally Bergesen, Founder + CEO of Oiselle, and Kara Goucher. Both Sally and Kara talked about the importance of women supporting other women, in running and in life. About the importance of being true to oneself, not being afraid to go after our goals, and not being afraid of accepting help and support. We all need it. Thankfully, I have girlfriends who I can count on no matter what. To laugh with, cry with, and celebrate with. The evening was unforgettable, filled with laughter and new friends. Once again, I feel blessed to be part of this team, but even more importantly, proud to support this company.

I thought this would be the perfect time to share a couple of my favorite Oiselle gear! When I first got hooked on Oiselle back in 2010, the line was pretty limited - some shorts, 50/50 tees, and running tops. It's been fun, but also a bit overwhelming, to see all the great stuff coming from the brand lately. Here are two outfits I'm loving for fall, which go seamlessly from the road to the farmers market. 


The Lux Layer is amazing (think soft and silky) and I think I'm on fall #3 with these Flow Tights (light fleece lining, 3/4 length perfect for those cool morning runs). 


I've had the Tracker Jacket for about a month now and have probably worn it at least 20 times. It's lightweight, comfortable, and I love the asymmetrical zip. The O Snap tank - also lux fabric - is fitted, but not too fitted, with a keyhole back. And the flow tights are a perfect match. I wore this to the gym so I could watch the TCS NYC Marathon coverage while getting some miles in on the treadmill before we headed to the farmers market to pick up apples and a huge bag of veggies. 

The NYC Marathon holds a special place in my heart. A big congratulations to all who ran it on Sunday, especially my good friend Grace who finished her 4th NYC marathon!

What are your go-to fall weather running pieces? * Did you race this weekend? How'd it go?!

No comments: