Sunday, October 18, 2015

Cowbell Corner, Every Day

Most of the time I run alone. It's not that I don't enjoy running with other people, rather I just find it easier to run on my own time, at my own pace, and along the route of my choosing. Well, that sounds a bit selfish, doesn't it? That might be true, but what it doesn't mean is that I don't find the occasional jaunt with friends to be fun, challenging, and a nice break from the thoughts running through my head. 

While this is one of my running truths, another is that even though I often prefer to run on my own, I also love being part of a team. You don't have to run with other people every time you put your running shoes on to be inspired, and pushed forward, by others when you're out there logging miles. 

Fall Running - Early Morning Run

But being part of a team isn't a one-way deal. It's not just about taking inspiration from your teammates, but it's about giving back to them. And I'd dare say we should give more than we take. Being there to provide them what you have to offer. They might be faster, more experienced, but you can still be there for them. 

A sympathetic ear when someone's injured or struggling; celebrating their great workout or race. Both the little and the big things matter. When you're part of a team - an organized team or a team of friends - comes with that responsibility.

Race Day Ready - Early Morning Run

This weekend I had the opportunity to give back to my teammates by cheering and ringing a cowbell so hard and so long my fingers hurt. And I loved every minute of it!

Oiselle Volée ColoradoDenver Rock 'n Roll Cowbell Corner - Early Morning Run


How do you give back to your team? (whoever that team might be)

No comments: