Over the past few weeks things have gotten pretty crazy around here. The company I work for signed on two new clients, both requiring lots of time and attention in the last few weeks of the year; we have four PR plans to finalize for the coming year; my parents arrive this coming Saturday; we spent three nerve-wracking days investigating ways to get our hands on Rose Bowl tickets (yes, we’re going!!!!); Christmas shopping and planning to do and we’re trying to find time to enjoy the season. In the middle of this all, we had a ridiculously crazy cold snap in Colorado and went spent more than a week with temperatures below freezing. It wasn’t much fun to wait for the bus in -10 degree temperatures!
With only a little more than two weeks left of 2013, I’ve been thinking a lot about the new year and starting it off in good health, good spirits and generally feeling great. It’s been almost TWO FULL YEARS since I finished recovering from my last stress fracture, January 7th will mark the 5th anniversary of when I had my surgery and (a little more superficially) I am in a wedding in early March and hoping for a great year ahead of running and outdoor sports. So I’m doing my best to get through the holidays and start 2014 right.
So, here’s what I’ve been doing:
- Keeping up with my workouts – even if that means multiple days a week on the treadmill
- Mixing up my workouts by adding interval training and Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred to the rotation
- I made a pact to myself not to take more than 2 days off in a row, including when my parents are visiting
- Drinking lots of water (or tea in its place when the heat was hardly working in our office during the cold snap)
- Limiting indulgences but not cutting them out completely!
- Getting enough sleep
- Singing along (loudly) with my Christmas music in the car, it’s good for the spirit!
- Trying to focus on one thing at a time and doing it the best I can, whatever it might be
- When I start to feel stressed, I take a deep breath and think about ringing in the New Year at the Rose Bowl cheering for the MSU Spartans!
Oh, the gym
It’s a Christmas Pig!!
How are you getting through the holidays feeling great? * What is your favorite holiday movie? * What do you love most about this time of year?