Monday, October 15, 2012

My Saturday Short Run

With Woody in Florida for the weekend visiting his family I totally changed up our usual Saturday routine.

Grace had 20 miles on her marathon training schedule and a couple weeks ago we planned that I’d join her for a few of those miles.

I slept in a little (7:30am, woo!) and was on my way to the Farmer’s Market by 8:30. I ran a few errands and then was off to meet her.

I found her on the West Side Highway on the north end of Chelsea Pier and we were off. It’s been a really long time since we’ve run together, I was more than happy to give her some company on these last few miles. I was really impressed by how well she was doing 16 miles in!

After getting an update on how she was feeling and the first 16 miles, we chatted about the usual randomness you chat about on a run. Her trip home to visit her parents, the trip Woody and I just took to Maine, how talented she is at eating on the run, and how annoying it is that the water fountains are turned off already. (I really think the city should keep the water fountains on at least until after the marathon)

I felt like a total slacker only running a little over four miles when she ran 20, but for me, as I try to get through this year without an injury, it’s what I could do. It was a good chance for us to catch up and I’m happy I could keep her company for a little bit. I remember when we started our little office running group years ago and I think it’s awesome that she’s running NYC for a second time. I hope she realizes how strong she is and that she can do anything she sets her mind to, including rocking this marathon. I mean, look how awesome she looks after a 20 mile run!!

WP_000385

  • Do you love or hate cleaning out your closet?
    • I love the feeling after I finish, but I really procrastinate
  • Run alone or with friends?
    • I usually run alone, but it’s great to mix it up
  • Cold weather or warm weather runner?
    • In between, although it’s refreshing to bundle up and go for a run in the brisk air sometimes
  • When it’s cold out do you go for coffee, tea or hot cocoa?
    • Depends on the mood I’m in

************

Today’s workout -

  • 40min elliptical
  • 3x10 tricep kickbacks
  • 3x10 upright row
  • 3x10 cable twists
  • ab exercises
  • stretching
  • foam roller

1 comment:

gracekelle said...

Thanks again for running with me! I don't think I could've finished as well without you. And yes, I do have quite the gift for running and eating at the same time. You pick up those skills after a few long runs :)