Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Fall Smoothie–No Pumpkin Required

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have anything against pumpkin. Actually I love it. But I found THIS smoothie recipe that puts an apple as the centerpiece and have been waiting for a chance to try it out.

I’ve never made a smoothie using an apple. I usually use berries with banana and sometimes include mango and/or pineapple. Yep, lots of sweetness. I’m a big fan of apples though so I wanted to give this one a try. And I just did (literally, I just finished drinking it!)

The Ingredients

IMG_2406

One small apple all chopped up

IMG_2408

The finished product

IMG_2415

My thoughts: At first taste I wasn’t too sure about this one. But it was really just because it was so different from what I’m used to. The apple peel definitely lends a texture to the smoothie and it’s a mild flavor overall, but it was good and I’d definitely have it again. I don’t think I’d do anything different next time except maybe try a different type of apple.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

  • What’s your favorite smoothie mix?
  • Which foods/drinks do you like to have in the fall?

************

Today’s workout -

  • 60 min elliptical
  • 3x10 upright row
  • 3x10 lat pull down
  • ab exercises
  • 2x45sec planks
  • 40 min stationary bike
  • 3x10 bicep curl
  • leg exercises

No comments: