Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Another Season

I meant to post yesterday but the weekend got away from me. The last few days have been a roller coaster of sorts. Work was crazy busy last week, I’ve spent nearly 7 hours trying to get the email on my phone to sync again (it’s still not working) and Woody left early this morning for his 3rd business trip to Atlanta in four weeks. I just heard on the news that a plane went off the runway at the Atlanta airport (no passengers on board) and there are going to be delays. I hope Woody’s plane doesn’t get diverted since they’re in the air already! Thankfully he’s coming home Thursday this week instead of Friday like the two other times. I have to say, getting a pedicure at my favorite nail salon really helped relieve some stress Saturday evening. What woman doesn’t love cute pink toe nails? Right?

Essie - Boat House

My new favorite polish color – Boat House

While watching the MSU basketball games this weekend was a little stressful too, it was worth it. We’re pretty excited in our apartment (yes, all two of us) because the Spartans won the Big 10 Tournament Sunday afternoon and got a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament! It’s pretty awesome, but sometimes the Spartans do better when people aren’t expecting much from them, so this will be interesting. I have faith though; Izzo knows how to coach teams through tournaments and the guys are determined. Speaking of which, my Mom sent me an article that included this quote from team captain, Draymond Green, speaking to the team’s turnaround after losing the last two games of the regular season. I think we can all take something from this. You don’t need to be a basketball player to find the value in this sentiment, in all sorts of ways:

“We didn't end the first season on a win, and that's never a good thing. But, we were able to put that behind us and start another season, and we went 3-0. Now we've got to put this behind us and start another season."  Draymond Green

State News Pic

Don’t get me wrong, while I’ve been pretty stressed out about this whole phone thing, it’s really because I’ve wasted so much time dealing with it when I could be doing much more productive things and enjoying life. I know that my email not syncing on my phone really isn’t a big deal, especially compared to things other people are going through. Stress is relative and if I had my own way, no one would have to deal with stress. Ever. It’s not good for us. But it happens, and we all need some way to relax and to be able to look to the next season and start over with a fresh slate.

  • What are your favorite ways to relax?
  • What new “season” are you looking forward to starting in your life?

************

Today’s workout -

  • 37min elliptical
  • 2x15 cable push-down
  • 2x15 lateral arm raise
  • 2x15 lat pull down
  • 2x15 (ea. side) cable-pull twists
  • 1x60sec plank
  • 100 ab exercises
  • stretching

2 comments:

Melissa Keller said...

love that polish, so pretty! I need to get a pedicure this week before SXSW starts. I don't get them often, but for the beginning of sandal season, I need it. I'm not running as much any more, or i'd skip pedicures (I have a personal rule, no pedis while in training for anything). But i'm not training right now ;-)

I stress out over things like the phone thing too. You aren't alone in that boat. I try not to let those kind of things get to me, but they still do

Claire said...

Izzo for life! Go Green!