Thursday, March 3, 2011

I Watch Too Much TV

It's been a while since I've done an "interesting reads" post so I thought it was about time. Today though, I've decided to expand it to include my "must watch" list, too! I seem to read about a lot of random things, which I do find helpful at times. You never know who you'll meet at an event or on the subway! So, here are some recent pieces I've found interesting.

  • If you didn't see Mark Bittman's piece last week about McDonald's take on oatmeal yet, go HERE to read it. Then, read his (short) follow up which I don't 100% agree with.
  • Hilarious article in the NY Times Tuesday. I know I always talk about eating healthy, whole foods, but when you get to a certain age, why not enjoy what you love?!
  • Interesting piece on flexetarianism by Kathleen Purvis
  • Have you seen the New Balance ad campaign that just started Monday? Here's a little background if you're interested. It's really an ad industry piece, but I found it interesting, none the less. Personally, I've never had a pair of New Balance shoes and it's not a company I tend to think of when I think of running, but that's what they're trying to change here.
  • The iPad2 was announced yesterday and is being released in the US on March 11th. The two-way camera feature sounds cool and it's even lighter than the first one.

Random running video:
I admit it, I watch a LOT of television. Too much. Here are a few of the shows Woody and I are addicted to.
  • The Good Wife: I mean, what can I say? It's a great show! And, it turns out they film in NYC!
  • Castle: I love the tension between the lead characters and the story lines are pretty great.
  • White Collar: Aside from the fact that it's a light crime drama set in NYC, Matt Bomer is super cute (don't worry, Woody knows I have a celebrity crush on him!). The show also has an incredible social media presence.
  • Blue Bloods: another NYC based drama, and this one stars the man with the best mustache ever. Yes, that would be Tom Selleck!
  • Mr. Sunshine: Yes, Matthew Perry has the same delivery in this show as he did on Friends, but it's still hilarious and so is the theme song!
  • How I Met Your Mother: Excellent cast, hilarious way to start the week.
  • Rules of Engagement: I've never been a fan of David Spade, but Patrick Warburtan is absolutely hilarious!
  • Parenthood: I'm not a parent, but the cast of this family drama has great chemistry and the story lines don't get old. (Okay, so Woody isn't addicted to this one, but I am!)
Okay, now do you believe me that I watch too much TV? This post is definitely way slanted to TV than interesting and informative articles.
  • Have you read any interesting articles or books lately?
  • What's your favorite TV show? Do you watch in real-time, via DVR, or online?
*************
Today's workout -
3.5mile run
3x10 cable twists
3x10 weighted side bends
3x10 tricep push downs
3x12 leg press
3x10 lateral raise
100 crunches
stretching

6 comments:

Barbara said...

We're addicted to The Closer when it's on. Doesn't have long enough seasons. Love Parenthood , but even though Tom Selleck is from Michigan , I tend to forget it's on. I have to admit , I still watch What Not To Wear when I remember it's on Tuesdays ! I'm addicted to MSU Women's and Men's bball games, tho.

misszippy said...

I am actually a much bigger reader than TV watcher. That said, I do indulge in some bad reality TV here and there...all things Bravo being one of my guilty pleasures!

Jen Feeny said...

I am loving their new ads! Very inspiring. I have one pair of NB's, some trail shoes that I turned in to daily wear's because of winter. I've been going back and forth about picking up a pair for running. Going to have to test some out.

Anonymous said...

working at Runner's World would be amazing!! Hehe, I only watch one of the shows you list - Parenthood - but I love it! I probably have about 4-5 shows I watch regularly, but all on DVR. The Bittman articles are great!

Christy Ashley said...

OMG! I LOVE Parenthood! I've never met anyone else who watches it! Isn't it amazing! I'm also going to the the Nutropolitan Museum this weekend and I WISH I could go to the NYRR event but I'll be out of town!

Stephanie said...

I got rid of cable this year but I do miss Parenthood and Grey's Anatomy. Thanks for the link to the Times article. Hilarious!