2. A friend of mine asked if I could help spread the word about this great event. If you're in the NYC area and have clothes to donate, please help this very worthy organization.
3. March 16th is the next NYRR Young Professionals Committee event. This time, it's a FREE women's-only night showcasing fantastic Spring running gear! Urban Athletics will be on hand to show us brand new gear, from a variety of companies, and answer any questions you might have about shoes, gear, and dressing for the changing temperatures. Be nice to the models, they're all NYRR YPC members! Runners just like you. We'll also have food, drinks, and raffle prizes! While it's a free event, we're asking people to RSVP here. Let me know if you have any questions!
4. I've posted about TED before, and wanted to let you know about a new initiative they've started. TED2011 has been happening all week, and among the many great speakers (can't wait to watch some of the videos on their website) they announced TED Education. I think this is an incredible addition to their programming.
5. Tomorrow Woody and I are heading uptown to check out the Nutropolitan Museum after I finish the 7 mile run that I have on tap. It's been getting a lot of coverage, so I think it might be pretty busy! I'm planning to take pictures to share with you all next week!
If you want to check out some very funny Adidas ads from 1999 titled "Runners. Yeah, we're different." click HERE. I bet you can imagine some of the visuals!
- What are you up to this weekend?
- If you could hear any one person speak, like a TED Talk, who would it be?
Today's workout -
None. Rest day!