There are several reasons why massages are great for runners:
- Can speed recovery time
- It increases blood flow and circulation
- Can help increase flexibility
- Keeps muscles, tendons and joints healthy and in good shape
- Relieves muscle tension
- It feels great and can be extremely relaxing - good for the body and soul
Especially with my history of injuries and osteopenia, I hope to make massages a part of my training; I think they'll help keep me running! Because for many of us (including myself), massages aren't very economical, between them I'll keep using the trusty foam roller and stick!
- What's your favorite way to recover while training hard or from a long run or race?
Today's workout -
40 minute tempo run
3x10 lateral arm raise
3x10 hammer curls
3x5 resistance band front, side, and back kicks
2x10 reistance band side squats