Thursday, December 9, 2010

So Tired I Don't Have A Title!

I don't actually have much to talk about today. The last few days have been quite busy and long. My team at work has a meeting with our client this afternoon to present a rather large and important pitch, so many, many hours have been spent on it this week and I'm quite exhausted, to tell you the truth. Yesterday around mid-day our boss scheduled a meeting for 5pm that was expected to last six hours. Thankfully it didn't last that long and I left around 9:30pm but a few people were still working. I've done my part, I'm prepared, and the presentation is going to be great, but we've really put everything else on hold for the most part the last few days. I will be very happy when 4pm rolls along and we'll be done! While late nights at the office aren't usually fun, I did have a good time working with this group, collaborating and being creative. This was the first time I've had the opportunity to work on a project like this since I started my new job and I feel the experience has been one that has given me better insight into this industry and also strengthened my relationships with some of my co-workers. So, even though I'm exhausted and am pretty surprised I'm even putting sentences together right now (at least I think that I am!), I'm grateful for the experience.

I didn't get to the gym yesterday morning because Woody and I got home pretty late Tuesday night from the MSU basketball game at The Garden. Unfortunately the game didn't end how we had hoped it would, but I still had a good time seeing so many other Spartans in one place and cheering for our team. I just really hope they can fix what's not working right now and be the amazing team that they are.


This morning I did head to the gym but I'm kind of thinking now I should have slept. I'm exhausted. I did want to go running but since it was 24' with a 16' wind chill when I woke up, I decided against it. I know, that's nothing for some of you, but for me, when I'm tired, that's tough! My workout was pretty good actually, but short, like most days now. I'm glad I went to move, sweat a bit and get my heart rate up, but I need more caffeine than just this cup of green tea!

Okay, enough of me babbling, I'm finishing breakfast and heading back to the office. I hope you're all having a great week and enjoying the season!

After four years, we're going to get a new point & shoot camera! It can't be too big and must shoot really well in low light. I'm leaning towards the Canon S95. If you have this, or the S90, what do you think? What kind of camera do you use? Would you recommend it? I'm looking for suggestions!
************
yesterday's workout -
none. rest day.

today's workout -
47min/5.15mile elliptical
100 crunches
stretching

5 comments:

JLT said...

i have a canon. its a year old now . its basically the s90 and it works beautifully. i love it.

Sanura said...

Get plenty of rest. People underestimate the importance of it.

Emz said...

I love college basketball!!

Awesome.

Lauren said...

Good Luck on your presentation!

Karen Seal said...

I would DIE in temperatures like that! I think 50 degrees is cold! LOL (I'm from Louisiana)