1. This week's (and the last) winner of the Chobani Greek Yogurt Giveaway is...#3, Steph from Mangiare Buono, Vivere Bella! Congratulations Steph! Send me your address and I'll get these coupons out tomorrow morning!
2. Today is World Egg Day. According to the International Egg Commission, today "countries around the world will be joining in the celebration of the egg." And there are "at least a dozen good reasons" why the egg deserves it's own day of celebration. Among the reasons: eggs are extremely versatile, they have high nutrient density, and anytime of the day is the right time for eggs. Don't worry if you've already had breakfast, you can still celebrate World Egg Day! Last night, Woody and I had breakfast for dinner - we made an egg scramble (4 egg whites, 2 eggs plus lots of veggies) and potatoes (diced red skin potatoes and onion).
3. ESPN is targeting women sports fans by creating a new website - espnW. They've noticed women enjoy sports too (as athletes and fans), but time will tell how well they know women sports fans. While espnW is going to start as a blog this Fall, it will be a full site next Spring, with a mobile component and it is already on Facebook and Twitter.
4. Next Thursday is another chance to support the New York Road Runner's Youth Programs. We're organizing a 3 mile fun run and happy hour! For just $10.00, participants get to take part in an organized run along the Hudson River led by April, extended happy hour specials at Maryann's (in Tribeca), a great goodie bag and the knowledge that all of the ticket money is going straight to the Youth Programs! You can pay cash at the start of the run or pay in advance here. More details on our facebook page. Hope you can come!
5. Tomorrow morning I'm waking up early (yet again, on a weekend) to fly to Minneapolis and meet my niece! I'm also looking forward to seeing my sister, brother-in-law and mom, and playing with my nephew! Oh, and I get to watch the Michigan State/U of M football game with my brother-in-law which is cool cause it's been years since we've watched an MSU game together. We used to go to hockey games together and one of my best memories from college was watching our basketball team win the National Championships when I was a freshman! After this trip, I will have visited Minneapolis during every season (yes, including winter! brrr). I hope to see some beautiful Fall colors and maybe go for a run. It's going to be a nice 4 day weekend!
One last thing. Sunday is the Chicago marathon. I doubt anyone running it is reading this post, but if you are, then GOOD LUCK!!! And good luck to everyone racing this weekend. You all inspire me more than you know!
Are you running a race this weekend or participating in any fall activity?
today's workout -
10.25 mile bike
3x10 cable pull twists