Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Good morning! I hope you all had a great weekend. Woody and I spent most of ours cleaning our old place, donating tons of clothes and other things (to Housing Works and CENYC) and unpacking the boxes here at our new place. We are exhausted and need another weekend pronto! Saturday evening we turned two corners and found a place to eat on Stone Street. I wanted a good veggie burger and found one at Beckett's. Stone St is a cool place, one of the oldest streets in the city, where there are a bunch of restaurants that close down the street (it's just one block) and put tables out instead. It was a great atmosphere and just what we needed after a busy day. It was actually a great evening that we finished with a short walk around the neighborhood to scoop out some grocery stores and other necessities.


My day had started with a 5 mile run. My longest yet since my injury earlier this year! It was a beautiful day, perfect weather, and I felt pretty great! My lungs were strong, my foot didn't bother me too much, but my quads were hurting. I definitely have to get them back into shape. I think the bike helped, but the movement of running, especially on uneven ground and a few rolling hills definitely works the muscles differently than the stationary bike and treadmill! All in all, it was a great run!

Yesterday morning I met Grace uptown for yoga at Lululemon. It was the perfect stretch that I needed. And our chat afterwards was great, too! It was a great morning that postponed more unpacking for a few hours! (our place is looking really good now, by the way!) She also convinced me to try the Saturday bootcamp she's been going to. I'm a little nervous, but also excited. Stay tuned for a review in a few weeks!

This morning I went out for another run. Switched up the route a little bit and was hoping for 4 miles but according to Map My Run I only got in 3.83. It's definitely warmer than last week (started the run at 5:28am and 75 degrees) but running by the water was really nice. I do still feel like a tourist somewhat, but I am getting used to this run! There were plenty of other runners out on the promenade, but I have to say, they don't seem as friendly as the ones I used to see in Central Park (I couldn't get any to say 'hello' or 'good morning' as I ran by). Still, it was a nice run that I finished with a bit of stretching in our building's gym. I took a great picture to share, but my bberry doesn't seem to want to send it :( Hopefully I can show you tomorrow!

update: here's the picture from my run this morning!


Gotta get breakfast and head to work!

How was your weekend? Do anything exciting?
************
3.83 mile run
stretching

6 comments:

Silly Girl Running said...

Seems like you're already blending in in your new 'hood'. :) Thanks for sharing Stone St; might check that out in November!

Barbara said...

That looks so cute !
Not sure how you managed to do so much this weekend !
Managed to pedal boat around the Lake this weekend. It was beautiful Up North in Michigan this last weekend.

Robyn @ Wannabe Writer Runner said...

Love Stone Street. Adrienne's is so yummy and Ulysses is fun too. Glad you had a relatively painless 5 mile run!

Anonymous said...

Welcome downtown! There's some fun routes in the area and you'll be greeted with some amazing sunrises:)

Simply Life said...

Looks like it was a great weekend!

Barbara said...

You lower Manhattan people should all get together for a run or Happy Hour ! And anyone else in the area who want to meet.