1. The winner of the first Free Chobani Giveaway, according to Random.org, is #2, Lindsay! Congratulations Lindsay! Now you have more incentive to try Greek yogurt! Can't wait to hear if you like it! Send me your address (LMHansen (at) hotmail.com) and I'll get these right out to you! Hope you love it!
2. Speaking of Chobani, NYCers have a chance to check out the ChoMobile this weekend at Chelsea Piers! The van's been going around the country this year visiting events and sharing the Greek yogurt goodness. Check them out Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Head out for a run along the Hudson River and finish it off with this treat!
3. Planet Green posted a link to this article on Facebook yesterday - "The 5 Weirdest Policies That Make School Lunches Unhealthy." It's a pretty interesting, and alarming article that further discusses the school food program, just as kids are preparing to go back to school.
4. Thursday morning I ran my first run in my new neighborhood (other than parts of long runs)! It was a beautiful morning - a 180 from the last few days - and as I ran along the Battery City Park Esplanade I got to see the Statue of Liberty as the sun came up! I will get used to this very quickly! This may sound strange, but after my run, as I was stretching in Hanover Square I felt like I was officially welcomed to the neighborhood and this is my new home.
5. I asked for questions a couple weeks ago, so I'm going to answer two today. Oz Runner (who is a new follower) wanted advice on how to stay injury free. Well, Oz Runner, if you've caught up on any of my older posts, you'll notice that I'm probably not the one to ask! I've had my fair share of foot injuries over the past year. From now on though, I'm going to be much smarter about my running - starting each run with a few dynamic stretches, cooling down with a good stretch, icing and stepping up my mileage slowly. Abbi asked if, given my injuries, I would run another another half or full marathon. Well, I definitely plan on running more half marathons. I wanted to run a few this year, but that isn't going to happen. Next year though, I'll be out there! I really love the distance - it's a great workout and a big accomplishment, but the training doesn't require as much time and wear and tear on my body. I'm not sure I'm made for marathon running, but since I plan on having many more years to run, I'm not going to say tonight that I will never run another marathon.
What are you up to this weekend?
workout stats -
10 mile bike
3x10 hammer curls
3x10 seated row
ankle strengthening exercises