Monday, November 9, 2009

Pumpkin for Breakfast?

YES!! And it was SOOO good I had to share it with you!!

I've been eating oatmeal a lot for breakfast lately. Great nutritional value and it keeps me full throughout the morning. Usually I add 1 tbs of peanut or almond butter (thanks Gracela for the tip!), 1tsp of cinnamon, a few dried cherries, and 1 banana.

Today, I tried something new, in honor of Fall (even though it is going to be 69' in NYC today)! Instead of peanut/almond butter and dried cherries, I added 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin, a dash of nutmeg and a 1tbs of chopped nuts (from the small package I got from Starbucks when I picked up oatmeal marathon morning). If I do say so myself, it's delicious!

I can't take all the credit for this idea though. I've seen it on several other blogs lately, including Kath Eats Real Food. She has a whole devoted to Oatmeal with many, many, many recipes. Check it out here. I'm definitely going to try some of these.















I hope your breakfast was as good as mine! It's such a great way to start the day!

2 comments:

Jen Cole said...

I LOVE pumpkin in my oatmeal!

Debbie said...

That sounds delicious. I never thought of adding it to oatmeal. I did buy 4 cans of pumpkin recently because I want us to eat more of it.