I moved to Denver in late June, 2013 after living in New York City for nine years. Originally from Michigan, I will always be a Midwesterner (and Michigan State Spartan) at heart!
So, here's a bit about me:
- I lived in NYC from 2004 to 2013, first working for a major record label and then a global PR agency
- I started running in 2006 and fell in love with it, even though I'm prone to injuries
- I married the love of my life - 'Woody' - in 2007; I'm beyond thankful to have him in my life
- In 2008 I was diagnosed with a rare condition called Cushing's Disease and underwent surgery to have a pituitary tumor removed just 10 months before I ran the NYC marathon; I still deal with the effects of Cushing's Disease today
- In 2010 I began spending more time cooking and trying out healthy recipes - I think we were two of the few New Yorkers who actually spent more money on groceries than eating out
- In 2011 I became an ambassador for Oiselle, the coolest women's running apparel company out there - representing the brand as a member of the Volee team at races throughout the year and other events
- Traveling is a passion; I'm always thinking about my next trip. My Grandparents were a huge influence on my love for travel - as a child, I spent many hours inspecting the huge wall map covered in thumbtacks noting all the places they had traveled to. It's a dream of mine to explore even a fraction of the countries they visited.
- I love trying new fitness classes - keep it fun & interesting!
- Living in NYC was an incredible experience and while I'll miss it dearly, I love all the opportunities that life in Colorado brings!
Follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/earlymorningrun
After our first trail race, October 2014
Hiking Golden Gate Canyon Park, September 2014
Post run in Central Park, October 2014
|Savannah, Ga 2013