I am beyond excited because yesterday Oiselle sent out emails to the newest Birds and it’s official that for another year I get the honor of representing Oiselle as a member of the Volee Team!
I’ve pinched myself every time I’ve put on my Oiselle singlet since I joined the team in 2011. As many of you know, I didn’t find my love for running until I was out of college and had moved to New York. I was never on the track or cross country team, I was never on a team but running has added so much to my life, including the great experiences I’ve had as part of the Oiselle team.
While I tend to have very strong opinions about brands and issues, it’s not often that I really get behind a brand on this blog. If I’m espousing the greatness of a brand, you can be sure that I believe strongly in the products and the company. And I can’t think of a brand that I support and believe in more than Oiselle. Why you ask? Here’s why:
- The super-obvious: they design beautiful, modern and great fitting running apparel and accessories that I want to wear every single day
- The Oiselle HQ team is made of extraordinary women, lead by a fearless, strong and innovative changemaker, Sally
- Our team manager, Kristin, is a super-woman. I have no idea how she keeps everything moving so smoothly and keeps track of us when there are so many birds! (and now even more!)
- Oiselle has a voice and they aren’t afraid to use it
- They believe that every female runner deserves to feel beautiful and strong and fly; they support all women runners
- Leading by example, their actions and words have started a movement
- The Team Manifesto was published in July, which makes very public the expectations they have for the team, and the type of running community they’re looking to build
- Project Little Wing was launched this summer to support female track stars during their training taking a new and innovative approach to sponsorship
- The Haute Volee Team is jam packed with top-notch runners who will be making waves in the sport over the coming year – just watch!
- They’ve pulled together countless fun and fearless running women from around the country, and world – team members and a legion of super fans
- I’m guessing about 98% of the Oiselle contingent is on Twitter and Instagram, there is always someone to lend support, guidance and cheer you on!
- They truly love running and runners. It’s that simple
So, to celebrate another year with Oiselle, they have graciously agreed to let me giveaway one super-hot, super-durable feather spike bag (below) so you’ll be race day ready (but there’s no reason to limit its use just to race days! The winner gets to choose the color: pink or fresh green.
You’ll be entered to win for doing any or all of the below and leaving a separate comment for each. The giveaway is open through 9pm MT, Friday, August 9th. The winner will be announced by Monday, August 12! (Open to U.S. residents only. Sorry!)
- Follow Oiselle on Instagram HERE
- Follow me on Instagram HERE (and leave your Instagram name if you want new followers!)
- Follow me on Twitter HERE (and leave your Twitter handle if you want new followers!)
- Tell me what you love most about running
- Tell us one of your running goals you’d like to achieve before the end of the year
After the Detroit Half Marathon, one of my first races in the Oiselle singlet!
The Oiselle Team NYC contingent with @FastK8 after her stellar Millrose Games performance!
After one hot Wall Street Run this past spring
Celebrating after the NYRR Oakley Mini10K – my last NYC race