Tuesday, May 28, 2013

We’re Moving to Denver

We're Moving to Denver

There’s a reason I haven’t been blogging much lately, or tweeting, or posting on Facebook. The thing is, Woody and I have made a pretty big, life changing decision. After nine years in the best city in the world, we’re packing up and heading west to Denver.

As amazing as this city is and as lucky as we are to call it our home, we’re ready for a change of pace and some fresh air. After visiting family in Denver a few times we decided it was a good fit for us and the lifestyle we’re looking for. Don’t get me wrong, I am sad and nervous and anxious, but I’m also excited about what’s ahead of us.

We’re road tripping out there the last week of June so we have a lot to do in the next few weeks. I know some of you probably read this blog to get a little taste of NYC, but I hope you’ll stick with me as we go on this next big adventure! I promise, I have high expectations for Denver and am pretty confident that we’ll be keeping ourselves quite busy out there.

Have you ever moved cross country? Any great moving tips to share? If you know Denver and have suggestions on what to do, where to eat, where to run, please share!

[A HUGE thanks to my absolutely amazing friend Grace, who you’ve seen here on this blog many times, who also created the image above. Besides being an all-around awesome person, passionate fitness fiend, fantastic blogger and creative party planner & host, she’s also becoming a Photoshop pro. You can contact here HERE.]

15 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow! How Exciting! Other than college, I have not moved since 1979.... I guess I'm not too fond of change! Good luck and of course, I'll keep reading!

Lisa said...

So sad you're leaving, but very excited to learn about Denver. You can run early anywhere!

Lisa said...

Very sad news indeed, but very excited for you at the same time. Can't wait to visit you and Woody in Denver. And thanks for the plug.

Lisa said...

Life is truly an adventure! Ditto on the conflicted feelings about moving across country, but you two will do great. Just takes time to settle in and understand the culture of a new place.

Lisa said...

But we'll be a little closer to you, right? And at least for the next year we'll have a pool at our apartment building, perfect for two little people I know!

Lisa said...

Can't wait for you to visit too! I'll miss you!

Lisa said...

It's definitely bittersweet for sure. Don't forget, we'll have room for company!

Lisa said...

Thanks Susan! I'm usually not all that fond of change either so this will be interesting! ;)

Lisa said...

Awesome! I really admire people who pick up and go like that. One of my friends just did the same, only it was for Salt Lake City. I hope it turns out to be a fantastic move for you!

Lisa said...

Good luck with the move! When you guys are knee-deep in packing tape and bubble wrap, just remember that it'll be worth it in the end. Looking forward to future posts!!

Lisa said...

Welcome! You will love it here. :)

Lisa said...

This is so exciting! And a bit sad...I think you were one of the first NYC bloggers I read ("omg...she lives in THE BIG CITY!") and definitely the first person I know to wear Oiselle. Denver sounds like a great city and it'll be a fun change (with more outdoor stuff, for sure). Excited to hear about it!

Lisa said...

Hey! It was so nice to meet you at the #weRUNnyc event last weekend! I must say, I am so jealous you are moving to Denver!! It's one of my favorite cities and I would move there in a heartbeat. You bet I will continue to read your blog, I'm so excited for you :)

Lisa said...

Do not deal with firms that sub-contract the work to someone else. It also pays to visit the offices of the firm.

professional
moving companies

Lisa said...

Set up an appointment with a few companies. Ask them to visit your house
to do an in-house estimate so that you can get an idea about which
company is the most reasonable.

professional
moving companies