Tuesday, July 31, 2012

NYC or Bust! Oh…wait. #BlogHer12

Being away for the last week I’m cramming in a ton of BlogHer prep in just a few days. This year it’s being held in NYC; I’d been toying with the idea of attending a blogger conference since I started this thing but hadn’t taken the leap until I found out BlogHer was here and decided this was a great opportunity to attend. There are a lot of Blogger conferences out there now – and without any research to back up this assumption – I think this is probably one of the biggest, most well known.

Even though I’ve read through the 100+ page guide at least three times now, I’m not entirely sure what to expect. I think it’s going to be kind of crazy – tons of people, sponsors (many of which seem to be geared towards mothers and mom bloggers, but I’m going to hold out judgment until the weekend is over), and panels and parties to attend. I’m hoping to learn how to improve my blogging (I guess you’ll be the judge of this), hear from some great speakers, take in different points of view, and of course, meet a lot of other bloggers.

I’m not staying at the hotel, since I can’t really justify spending a few more hundred bucks to stay at a hotel just a few miles from home. But, I do wonder if I’m going to miss out on part of the experience because I won’t be staying at the hotel with all the other attendees. I’m also not sure about the logistics of the event, and I tend to be a little anal about knowing the specifics of how everything works whenever I attend an event. I’m guessing people tend to go back to their rooms and change before the evening events, so will I be the only one bringing everything with me that I’ve been carrying all day and wearing the same outfit?

Right now I only know of a few people who will be attending, so I’m looking forward to meeting a lot of new people, but slightly nervous about the whole ordeal too. There will be many bloggers like me – first timers – but also a ton of bloggers who have been to this, and other conferences, many times over.

So… my questions for you -

  • If you’re going to be at BlogHer and want to meet up, email me (Lisa.Alcorn at Hotmail.com) or DM me on Twitter!
  • Have you been to a Blogger conference before? What are your top tips for getting the most from it?
  • What are some of the things you’d want to learn or do at a Blogger conference?

************

First Post-vacation Workout -

  • 40min elliptical
  • 100 ab exercises
  • 3x10 upright row
  • 3x10 side twists
  • 1x50sec plank
  • stretching

No comments: