Thursday, June 28, 2012

#TotallyTrials Crazy

Have you been watching the Olympic Trials all week? I’ve definitely been watching as much as I can. I am definitely getting more excited about the Olympics this year than I have in the past. It’s cool to hear stories about the athletes and see them achieve their dreams. Of course, it’s also heartbreaking when you see people struggle and falling short after working so hard to get to the Trials.

I’m watching the swimming trials right now, before Track & Field starts, and I have to say, I love the underwater shots. I am not a swimmer and I think the underwater shots make the swimmers look so graceful.

Can I just say, I really think I’d kill myself if I ever tried hurdles. I’m pretty confident that is something I would not excel at.

The track & field athletes in Eugene are amazing. All that rain? And Ashton Eaton still got a world record in the decathlon! Awesome. There really have been so many thrilling races, it’s been a ton of fun to watch. And have you noticed how colorful the runners feet are? Random, I know, but it really stands out in races like the 10,000 or 5,000 when the runners are in a pack. Just watch their feet and it’s like a box of Crayola crayons! I have to imagine that’s somewhat of a new phenomenon.

I have to admit that I’m pretty bummed I’m missing out on a ton of fun in Eugene. You see, Oiselle has three houses full of Oiselle runners and friends, partying it up at the Trials and Oiselle’s first fashion show, which is Friday night. I wanted to go but just couldn’t get away to make the cross country trip. From my Twitter feed over the last week, I know I’m missing out on a great time.

Oiselle’s fashion show Friday night will be the party everyone in Eugene will be talking about. Why? Well, first, the awesome women of Oiselle and the beautiful new designs they’re going to show, but also because the one and only MC Hammer is going to DJ. Yep, seriously. Crazy cool, right? I’m sure there are at least a few people reading this who really have no idea who MC Hammer is. I admit, I had a pair of MC Hammer pants back in my youth.

I suggest you follow Oiselle for the play by play!

Speaking of Oiselle and the Olympics… just a little heads up that I’m going to host a fun giveaway in a week or so to celebrate the Olympics, so watch for it!

  • Olympic Trials, Wimbledon and Le Tour De France - what will you be watching?
  • Do you have big plans for the weekend?

************

Today’s workout -

  • 45min elliptical
  • 3x15 upright row
  • 3x30sec single leg bosu ball balance
  • 3x10 lateral arm raise
  • 150 ab exercises
  • 1x50 sec plank
  • stretching

1 comment:

Beth (i run like a girl) said...

I was glued to the Olympic Trials, too. Can't wait for the Games to start! (But Tour de what? Boring!) ;-)