A couple weeks ago the fantastic Michelle, over at Running with Attitude, tagged me in the Eleven game that’s been floating around. So please, humor me while I attempt to entertain you with a bunch or random facts about myself.
Apparently the game goes like this (and I’m quoting Michelle here):
- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in their post
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
- Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them
- No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people! (my comment: we’ll see about that)
Random Facts about me:
- I watch much too much TV. Right now I’m watching NCIS: LA.
- I have a dreaded feeling that I’m going to become addicted to Smash.
- In my previous
lifejob I worked with Kat McPhee for a period of time.
- I’m a runner who writes a running blog but I haven’t run since October and I don’t know when I’ll be able to run again.
- Woody and I are taking advantage of NYC Restaurant Week Wednesday night and going to the 21 Club for dinner. We have every expectation that we will feel supremely out of place but we are really looking forward to enjoying dinner at a restaurant with such an incredible history.
- When I close my eyes to think of a relaxing place, I pretend I’m sitting on the porch at our cottage in northern Michigan on a warm summer day.
- The thing I want most in life right now is to be able to be as active as I want to be and not worry about getting a stress fracture. My mind and body are not on the same page.
- I hate horror films. I cannot watch them.
- If a TV or movie crew is filming on the street, I have to stop and check the postings to see what it is.
- I will walk across the Brooklyn Bridge just to get ice cream. Thankfully Woody will too!
- I am always planning our next trip. I’ve definitely gotten the travel bug.
- Favorite quote or saying (not from a movie)? I don’t have one favorite quote, but this is one that I really love and try to remember when things aren’t going so well. “The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away days waiting for better ones to ahead.”
- Favorite movie quote? “This is a time for serious people, Bob, and your fifteen minutes are up. My name is Andrew Shepherd and I AM the President!” – The American President
- 3 dinner guests -who would they be? (Can be dead or alive) Ella Fitzgerald, Michael Pollan and Richard Branson (Yes, I fully understand how strange this dinner would be)
- Favorite indulgence? A massage
- Favorite Cocktail (or beer or wine)? Red wine
- Favorite book from childhood? Pablo the Penguin
- Have you traveled abroad? Where? Yes, I’ve been to England, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and France. But that was a long time ago now. I’ve also been to the British Virgin Islands. Does that count?
- Beyond running, what's your favorite hobby? If traveling doesn’t count, I’d say exploring the city and yoga (once I can do that again)
- What 3 things do you have to have in the morning? A workout, a shower and breakfast. I definitely eat breakfast!
- What 3 things do you have to have when you head to bed? A few minutes to stretch, a glass of water, a big fluffy comforter.
- What's your biggest pet peeve? I have developed many pet peeves while living in NYC, but I’d say my biggest one is people who push their way on the subway car before anyone has been able to get off yet. Seriously, don’t they realize it’ll be easier if we get off first?
- Coffee or tea?
- How many pairs of running shoes do you currently own?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- How many cities have you lived in throughout your life? Which has been your favorite?
- What are you most looking forward to this year?
- Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall? Which is your favorite season and why?
- What do you spend most of your free time doing?
- Will you eat breakfast anytime of the day?
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
- How many social media platforms are you active on?
- What’s your best stay healthy tip?
Now for the part you’ve been dreading. The tag…I have to admit that now that I’ve written out these questions, I’m really curious to hear your answers! Since this game has been going around for a while now and I’ve been pretty MIA in the blogosphere as of late and can’t be sure who’s done this already, I’m leaving it up to you. (I hope this doesn’t mean I’ll have bad luck for 7 years!) Leave a comment and answer any or all of the questions above. This should be interesting!
In case you didn’t see this last night, a great video of Michelle Obama and Jimmy Fallon competing in fitness games in the White House to promote Let’s Move!
Have a great day!
Today’s workout -
- 35 min elliptical
- 100 ab exercises
- 2x45sec plank
- 1x15 back extensions
- 2x15 lateral arm raise
- 2x15 (ea. side) weighted side bends
- 2x15 tricep dips