Thursday, November 10, 2011

Crutches and Air Travel

A rare evening post on EMR!

Today I used my crutches to get to and from the office, but once I was there, I was on my own. I was pretty confident that I’d be slow, but that it would be okay. Well, it didn’t turn out quite as good as I had hoped. You know how sometimes you can just feel something a little funny? Well, that’s how it was for me. I’m definitely disappointed but maybe I was just expecting too much. Maybe this is normal. I hope it’s normal. I’ve been on crutches for almost a month now and it’s just frustrating. I want to get back to the gym. I want to get moving again. I know I need to stay on the crutches a bit longer, I’d rather be on them a few more days and make sure it’s healed rather than go solo too early just because I’m impatient and then regret it. But, it’s still just annoying.

Bright and early tomorrow morning Woody and I will be on our way to Colorado. It would definitely be more fun without the crutches (I had hoped to try some high-altitude running), but I’ll have to make due. It’ll be a great time anyway and we are definitely looking forward to getting away for a long weekend and exploring a new place. It’s always good to get a change of scenery once in a while!

Alright, time to finish packing….

Have a great weekend!

  • If you could take a last minute long weekend anywhere, where would you go?

4 comments:

Katie Kelley Schmidt said...

I hope you enjoy Colorado and that the weather cooperates for you guys this weekend. I must admit I don't even know what the forecast is!!! Good luck getting through security with the crutches. I know that has got to be so frustrating but I think the cautious approach is the smart one!

Rach @ Girl on the Run said...

sorry you are still on crunches, but i hope you had a great trip anyways!

Jill said...

Did you wave to me when you were in my state of Colorado? :)

If I had some endless disposable income and go go away for a weekend, I'd go somewhere really warm....Mexico perhaps, and do nothing but get a sunburn!

Lauren said...

Crutches? What did I miss? Oh no.