I've been swamped with work, packing, evening events and writing checks to pay medical bills (a stress fracture is not cheap) so for this week's Five for Friday, I kind of took the easy way out, but hopefully you'll be able to relate to some of these things, or find them funny.
1. One of the perks I love most about the company I work for is that we have summer Fridays! Each person gets to choose between taking 7 full days off or leave at 2pm every Friday between Memorial Day and Labor Day. I, of course, chose the 7 full days because really, who actually leaves at 2pm when everyone else is working? So today, I am using my first of 7 days and am very excited (if you haven't noticed)!
2. When I was little, I would get so excited about trips, whether it was the month camping trip we took out West or a weekend trip Up North, that I could spend hours writing my list of things to pack. I would debate how many t-shirts, jeans, shorts, swim suits, and then pack them carefully. I loved writing these lists as it was my way of starting the trip early.
3. After I moved out here I was traveling back and forth to Michigan quite often to see family, Woody, and friends. When I was younger I absolutely hated taking off. I would squeeze the arm rest or my Mom's hand. I just did not like it. But once I started flying so often I got so comfortable on planes that I would often be asleep before we took off (I always fall asleep in the car when the drive is over an hour long, and I'm not driving, of course). I think some of my row-mates have thought I'm weird. Oh well, makes the flight pass by quickly!
4. Woody and I have two traditions we try to uphold whenever we go on a trip. Farmer's markets and ice cream. We love checking out local places and this is a good way to get a taste for the local scene (pun intended).
5. I'm guessing one of Woody's biggest pet peeves when it comes to my habits is that I never unpack my suitcase the same day we return home from a trip. I usually dump my dirty laundry, but then the suitcase will sit in the living room for at least two days before I finish unpacking. I'm sure there's some underlying reason behind this other than the fact that I can just be plain lazy sometimes, but I am trying hard to change this. I think I leave it because I wish we were still on vacation. Too bad that no matter how long I leave it packed we're still back in reality.
Bonus item: I came home Wednesday night to see these awesome notices posted on the street signs around the neighborhood!! I love "White Collar" and hope to sneak a peak of some cast members on my to/from work. If you haven't seen this show on USA Network, you should check it out. So many great things about it!
- How do you feel about flying?
- Do you have any travel traditions or quirks?
- What are you excited about this weekend?
Today's workout -
None. Sleep was priority 1.