1. Okay, so first off....thanks to everyone who entered the MuscleCare giveaway! It sounds like we have some hamstring issues and the calves aren't too much better! I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one with tight glutes. (I mean, what is with that?) Love all the stretches everyone is doing; lots of yogis! Which reminds me, I need to get back to yoga soon! Okay, so the winner is....
Charlene V!!! Charlene's favorite stretch is the cross legged stretch because it helps her lower back. I totally agree!
Charlene, I'll send you an email today so I can get your prize to you!
2. I didn't post yesterday but I did run yesterday. It was nice to get outside and enjoy the quietness of NYC in the morning! I realized that summer is in fact my favorite season and it's for one reason: because it's light in the morning and light in the evening! My day is instantly off to a better start when I'm running and getting ready for work with the sun shining!
3. How do you pin your bib? Did you see the link posted to THIS article on Facebook yesterday? I'm so glad I happened to check my feed when this was posted because it's pretty funny and I needed a little comic relief. In this quick Runner's World post, Mark Remy explores the right and wrong ways to pin race bibs. I happen to think he's the odd one, but maybe that's just me?
|the right way to pin a bib|
4. I started watching America's Got Talent this season, and really, I'm not hooked on it, but I love these guys! They're absolutely adorable!
5. This Sunday is Father's Day. I'm sorry I won't be able to celebrate with my Dad, but I think he knows how much I love him. I'm pretty lucky because I have an incredible Dad. He's always been supportive, encouraging and would drop everything if I asked, to help me. He flew out to NYC the week after I moved here for a whirlwind weekend to scour the city for a decent place for me to live (and we saw some not so decent place). The next year after storing half of Woody's things in the basement of my parents house, my Dad drove from Michigan to NYC in a U-Haul truck through the mountains and rain (with a leaky cab) with Woody to move him here after we got engaged. He always amazes me, like when he took up snowshoeing a few years ago, or when he rallies people behind a cause or spends hours clearing a biking trail. He's an incredible guy and I'm so lucky to have him as my Dad. Happy Father's Day, Dad!!
- How do you pin your bib?
- If you were on America's Got Talent what would your talent be?
- How are you celebrating Father's day?
Yesterday's workout -
2x14 leg extension
2x16 leg curl
Today's workout -
None. Rest day.