1. Today is my big sister's Birthday. I feel bad because with all the rain I didn't get her gift sent until Tuesday; I hope it got to her in Minnesota for today! As the Mom of a rambunctious and super-smart three year old boy and an adorable 7 month old little girl who can melt your heart in an instant, she has her hands full day and night. My brother-in-law is leaving on a two week work trip today, but I hope she has an incredible Birthday nonetheless. She deserves it!
2. Tonight, assuming that it isn't pouring out, Woody and I are meeting after dinner and going to Madison Square Park for Madison Square Eats for dinner. The outdoor food festival featuring a wide variety of food, started May 6th and is happening every Friday through June 3rd, so we're going before it's over! We can't wait to see what there is! Oh, it's open from 11am till 9pm.
3. Saturday is the Brooklyn Half-Marathon. It's part of the NYRR Half-Marathon Grand Prix, the 5 race series of half-marathons in each borough. This was to be my first of the borough half-marathons; I was one of the lucky ones who registered before the it sold out in a matter of days. I've heard it's the best of the 5 because it starts in Prospect Park and ends on the Coney Island Boardwalk. As much as I wish I was running, I hope everyone who is out there has an incredible race! I also hope we have a break in the nasty rainy weather and it's a beautiful day! Good luck to all the Brooklyn Half runners and everyone else racing this weekend!!
4. Woody and I have decided that we're not going to let this summer pass us by. Can you believe that next weekend is the un-official start to summer?!?! It seems as though the seasons pass by and we haven't done half the things we were hoping to do. But not this summer. We've agreed that we'd rather be exhausted when Fall rolls around than have any regrets. So, we're starting a list of all the things we want to do and we'll check them off as we go along. Grace has already agreed to join me for the 'girl' stuff that Woody might not be so interested in, so I'm convinced that this will be the best summer of my life here in NYC! (Well, maybe aside from the summer when Woody and I got married!)
5. Since I've been posting videos all week, I'll post one more. This is just crazy....
- What's on tap for your weekend?
- What are some of the things on your 'must do' list for the summer?
Today's workout -
None. Rest Day!