Friday, March 25, 2011

5 for Friday

1. Tonight I’ll be sleeping in the room I grew up in. I’m going home for a very quick weekend trip. You see, I have one older sister and 7 cousins on my father’s side. Our Grandma turned 90 years old last month. A few of the older cousins got us all to commit to one day to meet in East Lansing to celebrate with our Grandma. So, it’s just Grandma, her 9 grandkids and 3 of her great-grandkids (all under 6 mos old), for the day. We have a few things planned for the day, but really it’s a time for us all to get together. The last time we were all in the same place was last summer, for our Grandpa’s memorial service; this is a much more joyous occasion.

2. Saw THIS on twitter Wednesday and went crazy for it instantly! I definitely have to send one of my race bibs in to be made into coasters! I love the motivational fridge magnets too! 
via 26MileStones

3. I signed up for another race. According to Daily Mile that means I have six on my calendar now, the first one being in 14 days! I just signed up to run the Scotland Run 10K in Central Park with Grace! Let me know if you’re running this. No doubt we’ll be hitting up some great place for brunch afterwards and I’d love for you to join us!
4. Researchers at the University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign, recently released the results of a study done to see how well athletes cross busy streets in comparison to non-athletes. So, basically seeing how well one group processes information versus the other. It'll take too long to explain the actual study in this post, but it's pretty interesting, so check it out HERE.
5. I did it. After a horrible night of sleep, I woke up at 4:40am, went to the gym, and ran 7 miles. The first half mile was still a bit wonky and my legs felt heavy, but I suppose that's to be expected when you wake up so early and start running less than an hour later.
Long run for the week: complete!
  • What are you doing this weekend?
  • Are you on Daily Mile? If so, what's your favorite thing about it?
Don't forget to enter the giveaway!! 4 free Raw Crunch Bars might be heading your way!
************
Today's workout -
7 mile run
lots of stretching
foam roller

10 comments:

AM! said...

Hi there,
High five for your number five! Dang at the gym early style!

have a fun weekend at home with your family;-0 happy birthday to your grandma!

Barbara said...

See you soon !:)

Karen said...

Oh - I love the coasters! I had seen something about them too but didn't see a picture. I guess I assumed it was one coaster made with the bib. These are MUCH better than what I thought.

Christy Ashley said...

Sounds like a great weekend planned! Those coasters are amazing!!! I'm taking it easy this weekend and trying out a new yoga class! I'm running the Central Park 4-mile in a few weeks! Let me know if you are!

Angie (Losing It and Loving It) said...

Congrats on the run Lisa! Tomorrow is our early day at the gym (we have to be there by 7:15 to get a spin bike for class an hour later). Leaving home by 6:45 on a Sat. is HARD!

Love that Etsy store!

giraffy said...

Nice run!

I've got 8.5mi on my schedule this weekend, along with some garage saling, dinner with friends, and reading :D

I love Daily Mile. I use it all the time to gauge my runs, comparing them to older runs.

Unknown said...

I have been looking for something creative to do with my race bibs, thanks for sharing!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the study...that's really interesting!

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

I love those coasters!

Badgergirl said...

I love those coasters!