Monday, February 14, 2011

Opportunity Missed, But More To Come

Woody and I watched the weather forecast last night (between Eminem/Rhianna/Dr. Dre/Skylar Grey and Mick Jagger Grammy performances) and not once did they mention that it would be 46 degrees at 5am! I wasn't prepared to run outside this morning, so I went to the gym instead and missed out on a great morning.

The good thing was that I had another really good run this morning after the one Saturday! I was a bit nervous about it when I woke up this morning because I went to what turned out to be a really tough yoga class yesterday morning, and my muscles were hurting a bit first thing. But after finishing my normal routine of dynamic stretching and and a quick warm-up, I was off and going. I only had time for 5 miles, so that's what I did and finished up with my regular cool-down routine, a really quick strength workout and a little more stretching.

While I missed out on the weather, according to the Weather Channel, it looks like there's more of it to come and I definitely plan on taking advantage of it!

  • Woody & I went to dinner and a movie Saturday night, but are celebrating Valentine's Day tonight at home, making dinner here and enjoying a nice dessert. Nothing too special. How will you celebrate?
*************
Today's workout -
5mile run
3x10 cable pull twists
3x12 overhead tricep extension
stretching

6 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

I hate when that happens! But at least you know there is more beautiful weather on the way! Enjoy!!! Happy Valentines Day to you and Woody!

April said...

Oh man, it was gorgeous out! You'll get more soon, I hope. We're celebrating with our own tradition: gf mac and cheese with apple, white cheddar, and gruyere. It's out annual indulgence :)
Happy Valentine's day to you both!

Penny said...

I to went to the gym this morning. It was pretty windy here. We will have a few more chance to get some of that nice weather the rest of the week. Enjoy your early morning runs in the nice weather.

gracekelle said...

Happy valentine's day. Mike bought me cupcakes for valentine's day so I had a big dessert last night...need to burn that off tonight.

Can't wait to run outside with you soon.

Rhubarb said...

I'm celebrating by playing soccer. Sorry hubbie! At least I'll cook him some steak before I go play......

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

That has totally happened to me too!! Yay for killer awesome yoga classes, you are amazing!