2. The other day I saw a tweet about free races in NYC. I was immediately curious so I clicked the link. Some group puts together races with holiday themes in Van Cortland Park up in the Bronx. The races are free but they ask for donations to cover costs. As you can imagine, the races are pretty low-key, with what sounds like a do-it-yourself atmosphere, but who knows, they could be fun! They do come with amusing race souvenirs! I'd love to hear if anyone has run one of these! Next one is this Sunday for Valentine's Day.
3. New York Running Company at Columbus Circle is having a big winter gear sale this weekend. When I was in Grand Central I noticed the Super Runners Shop there has a sale going on too. Check them out if you need another long sleeve top or jacket to make it through the rest of this super-cold winter!
4. Busy weekend ahead starting with a 6 mile run on tap for tomorrow morning. I have a little craft project to do in preparation for the NYRR YPC fundraiser on Thursday night, Woody and I are finally going to see The King's Speech! (I've had a celebrity/Englishman-crush on Colin Firth since Bridget Jones.) Yoga Sunday morning and then we're taking a trip to Red Hook, Brooklyn via the IKEA ferry to do a little IKEA and Fairway shopping plus a stop at BAKED.
5. BUT, before all that, I'm more than excited for tonight! I'm going to see Adele perform music from her new album, "21"! I haven't seen her live since 2009 when she was here touring for her album "19" and it was such an incredible show. She has an amazing voice and a sharp personality. I can not wait! Work will not go by fast enough for me! Here's a great video from the new album:
- What races are you looking forward to?
- Have you ever run a free race organized completely by volunteers?
- Have you seen The Kings Speech? More importantly, are you also in love with Colin Firth? (if so, I know we'll be friends forever!)
- What's on tap for your weekend?
Today's workout -
3x10 cable pull push-down
3x10 leg press
3x10 weighted side bends
100 jumping jacks