Thursday, January 20, 2011

And.... I'm Back

Hi there! Sorry it's been quiet around here the last few days. I didn't get as much time to post while we were in Florida as I thought I would. I guess that's good since it means we were busy and visiting with Woody's family, right?

We had a great time, got to relax, sleep a solid 8.5 hours each night, and did a few things around town, but basically just hung out. The best weather happened yesterday, naturally, but it was much warmer than here and we didn't wear a jacket once! Thankfully Woody was able to hit up the driving range one day and get in a round of golf another, so I'm very grateful for that.

We went running through the neighborhood Tuesday morning. It was really humid, which I'm not used to anymore, but it was great to get outside. He talked me into taking advantage of being on vacation yesterday morning and we slept in a little instead of getting up to work out. Too bad it was the nicest morning of the trip! It's okay though, I enjoyed sleeping in a little. I did go for a short walk after I had packed but before we had to head out to see Woody's Grandparents on our way to the airport.

His Mom lives in a golf course community. Have you ever gone running in a golf course? Along the path? I've heard of people running and cross country skiing in cemeteries, and much like that I think a golf course would be ideal for running. I thought of this while we were out earlier in the week but we had a nice route along the road (using the golf cart lane) that we were taking. Turns out running through the golf course isn't only frowned upon, it's not allowed! Too bad, it seems so peaceful and hilly!


Well, I'm back to work today. Thankfully I have only two days of work this week, but I'm counting on them being very busy and long. Can't wait for the weekend!

I encourage you all to head over to my friend Erin's blog, Just Plain Lovely, where I was incredibly lucky enough to write a guest post! She actually posted it yesterday, but since I was in-transit I didn't get to share it with you yet! If not to check out my post, you should check out her blog anyway.... it's an amazing blog about fashion, design, Portland, ME and all things cool. Erin is one of the most generous and talented people I know and I'm blessed to know her! Hopefully she'll write a guest post for me soon!

How has your week been so far? Have you ever run in a golf course or cemetery for an uninterrupted smooth run?
************
today's workout -
50min/5.65mile elliptical
3x12 seated row
1x40sec plank
stretching

5 comments:

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

I wonder why they don't allow jogging? Maybe people have been hit by drunk people driving golf carts? Lame.

Barbara said...

Glad you had a good trip.
I think they're afraid someone will get hit by an errant ball. Liability issues.

ann said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing trip. Florida sounds good right now.

AM! said...

Hi there!
oooh, Florida. nice for this time of year.

and yah, i've seen signs like that at golf courses and was surprised myself.

welcome back to NY and bloggyvillel;-0

Anonymous said...

Such an honor to have you over at JPL, Lisa!! Thank you again:).

I don't think I've ever run on a golf course or a cemetary, though we use to walk our dogs in the local cemetary in Portland. It was always peaceful and as a child, it was a great space to run around.

As an adult, I've done the beach run. Good for quiet, but also to work some other muscles. I quickly found that running on the beach isn't as easy as they make it look in the movies;).