Well, it's Thursday night and I'm writing this as I eat dinner, continue to work on a PowerPoint deck (that's been occupying my life) for a meeting at work next week and watch the Michigan State basketball game against UofM (which we lost). If this isn't multi-tasking, I don't know what is! At least I'm not doing anything dangerous, like walking and typing on my blackberry!
1. This has been a long, but quick, week. I've been really busy at work (ie: the deck I'm working on) so the day seems to go by quickly but it's exhausting. I worked on it at home Wednesday night as well, which is why I didn't have a post yesterday. We've been having meetings to work on this deck as a group, but the timing has been up in the air each day so I just work frantically until I'm told it's time to print and save! My lunches have not been eaten at any regular time. The good thing is though, we all know what's going on and are prepared to talk about any part of the presentation. Plus, I'm learning quite a bit as we go along, so it's not all that bad.
2. Meet my new favorite kitchen gadget: the garlic press! My mother in law gave us one that she had, but hadn't used when we were visiting her last week. I was so excited because we love garlic, use it quite often in our cooking, but haven't really wanted to spend the money on a press. Well, we used it tonight for the first time while making pasta (we always add a ton of fresh veggies to the sauce) and it was so quick and easy! And it even comes with an attached cleaning device to make and is dishwasher safe! I think I'm in love!
3. We had another snow storm Wednesday and into Thursday morning. Another 19 inches fell in Central Park during this storm, making a total of about 55 inches of snow so far this season (really, just since the storm on Dec 26th). It's on track to be the snowiest season on record, and we've already surpassed the January record! I trudged to work Thursday but I have to say, it wasn't all that bad. It was actually kind of nice because there wasn't nearly as much traffic! And I got to see pretty snow covered trees like this one!
4. I went to a New York Road Runner Young Professionals Committee meeting Tuesday night. I'm really excited about all the events we are planning through National Running Day on June 3rd. Our first event of the year will be February 17th and we're doing something different: a spinning class at the uber popular Flywheel! The studio and Lululemon are partnering with us to create this awesome event that will include a full hour long class and time for mingling with other fitness-minded New Yorkers over food and drink after class. Naturally, there will be goodie bags for everyone, too! And it's all for the great cause of supporting youth running programs around the country! Click HERE if you want to buy tickets (it should go live Friday) and let me know if you have any questions. If you want to go, I suggest you sign up soon because I have a feeling tickets will go fast for this one and space is limited!
5. It's been a while since I've talked about my perpetually injured foot. Well, that's because it's feeling so much better! It's still stiff every once in a while, but not nearly as often as it was and it doesn't hurt at all after a workout! I'm feeling really optimistic about how it's doing but I'm still awfully careful about things. I stretch, start each workout and end each day with a few dynamic stretches to loosen all my leg muscles and I stay away from risky activities like running in the ice and snow. I also think running on the Woodway as often as I can when running on the treadmill is the right way to go. I can definitely tell a difference between the two surfaces. Hopefully I'll stay injury free through my training for the Broadstreet Run!
What's on tap for your weekend?
Thursday's workout -
none. much needed rest day!
Today's workout -
3x12 cable push down
3x12 cable twists