Good morning! I hope you've all had a good week. It's been one of ups and downs for me, but it really has gone by quickly, hasn't it?
This morning is a bit strange for us. It's our day off from the gym, and I have a doctors appointment that Woody is going to with me, so we actually slept in until 7:30! I can't think of the last time we did that (aside from vacation). Woody went to the Tigers/Mets game last night, so sleeping in this morning was just what he needed! It doesn't really feel like a Friday morning yet, but let me get to the list!
1. PUMA and Soles4Souls are teaming up through July 12th. When you donate a gently worn pair of sneakers to Soles4Souls at a PUMA store, you'll receive 30% off a new pair of PUMA shoes. (15% off at factory stores) For more information, click HERE and to find a PUMA store near you, click HERE.
2. Have you seen THIS monstrosity from the family restaurant chain Friendly's: the grilled cheese burgermelt? I saw a commercial for it and could hardly believe my eyes! Now I have great memories of going to Friendly's with my Grandpa and getting ice cream and yes, I enjoy grilled cheese and burgers. But did they have to put them together?! I haven't figured out yet why this hasn't received the attention that KFC's double down has. It has to be so much worse. When will restaurants start being more responsible about the options they offer? I'd love to interview the CEOs of these companies and find out what is going through their minds.
3. If you live in a hot part of the country, remember these hot weather tips. Useful for workouts and anytime you head outside.
4. Have you seen the show Wipeout on ABC? Woody and I can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of it all! I feel bad because I'm laughing at people as they crash, slip and fall, but hey, that's the show, right? The challenge at the end is insane, and it must take coordination, strength and quickness. How do you think you'd do on Wipeout?
5. Have you tried PowerBars new Gel Blast Energy Chews? Here's your chance. Click HERE to request your free sample. If you like them, they're on sale through the PowerBar website right now - 15% off. Click HERE to order and enter in the code BLASTS2010.
That's it for today. Hope you all have a great weekend! Are you already making plans for the 4th of July?
workout stats -
6/25 REST DAY!