Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

It's awfully chilly here today in NYC, but it's still a beautiful day. A great day for Mother's and I hope it's beautiful where you are. I only have a minute, but I wanted to take that minute to wish all mom's who read this blog a Very Happy Mother's Day!

My mother has played a big role in making me the person I am today and I love her more than I can say. I simply don't know what I'd do without her. Even though we are hundreds of miles apart today, and even though we don't always talk each day, I hope she knows how much she means to me. I also hope she has a great day and takes a little time to relax.

I think being a mother is probably the hardest, least appreciated job there is. At least on a daily basis. If you're a mom, I hope you enjoy your day and do something you really want to do, just for you. Whether that means sleeping in an extra hour, taking a long bubble bath, or going for a 10 mile run, do it. Recharge, breathe, and smile!

This is one of the few Hallmark holiday that actually make sense!


************
Workout Stats -
16mi bike
3x10 hammer curls
3x12 forward straight arm raise
3x10 weighted side bends (ea side)
3x10 hamstring deadlift, bicep curl, shoulder press combo
75 crunches
foam roller & stretching

2 comments:

Danielle (Coffee Run) said...

It's been chilly here too! But still beautful :)

I totally agree that this is one of the few Hallmark holidays that makes sense!

Barbara said...

Thank you for the loving comments. I appreciate it. I kept thinking all weekend of my visit to you there your 1st Mother's Day weekend in NY. That was a great trip , even with the surreal flight that was supposed to be LGA to DTW to LAN . Because of wild storms had a 2 hour stop in Fort Wayne and a wild , wild ride through t storms up to Detroit. Your Dad had to come at 1:30 in the morning to get me. It was an adventure ! : Love you !