Monday, March 24, 2014

Sand in My Shoes

One of the things I love most about travel is getting to run in the cities I visit. We recently traveled to Florida for my brother-in-laws wedding and while our days there flew by and were jam packed with wedding related activities, I wasn’t going to miss the opportunity to run in a much warmer climate, and at sea level!

Hannah Park Jacksonville

What we thought was going to be a run along a boardwalk turned into a trail run. When running while traveling, be prepared to adjust your expectations quickly and go with the flow!

Hannah Park Trail Run

That didn’t mean however, that I didn’t get in a run along the beach. Two days later I was prepared for my last run in Florida to be on a paved trail that runs through Amelia Island but instead I ended up running here!

Amelia Island Sunrise

Believe me when I say this was an amazing way to start the day – a solo run on the beach was the best preparation for the busy day ahead. The heart pounding, muscle-taxing, sand-in-my-shoes, wind-in-my-hair feeling of running on a beach was perfect and new for this landlocked girl.

Amelia Island Beach Run

The day that started on the beach in the most peaceful way, ended at a party filled with dancing, music, laughter and love. And a little bubbly.

Ribault Club Wedding

What are you most excited for now that spring has arrived? * How is your March Madness bracket doing?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Those photos are beautiful. Looks like something right out of Travel & Leisure :)


I'm most excited about running outdoors. Got my first run in yesterday. Running outdoors is so different. My body is definitely feeling it.


Go UVA! :)