Monday, March 3, 2014

New Digs, New Race

The big news…

New House 1

Last week Woody and I got the keys to our first house together! After almost a decade of apartment living in NYC and Denver, we will be moving into our very own house soon! Both exciting and a bit scary, we are undoubtedly looking forward to not sharing walls with anyone and having the luxury of painting those walls any color we choose! (Although we’ll probably keep them as they are. Oh well.) While one of the top must-buy items on Woody’s list is a grill for the big deck we now own, I plan on spending quality time right here.

New House 2

And also a few blocks south, in Washington Park – dare I say, the best park in Denver! Really, one of the best things about this house is that it’s so close to this park with great running trails! Good thing too, because I just registered for a race and need to get going on my training.

Bolder Boulder

Everything I’ve heard about this race is that it’s awesome. Quintessential Boulder. The first Bolder Boulder was run in 1979 after Frank Shorter suggested it to a local businessman. While 2,700 runners participated in that first race, the 10K has grown to be one of, if not the, largest 10K in the country – over 50,000 finishers! While a race that large can easily be quite daunting and crazy, I hear that it’s incredibly well organized and one of the best days of the year along the Front Range. Just from my registration process I can tell it’s a unique race. Can’t wait to run with a bunch of other Oiselle birds, Woody and several colleagues on Memorial Day! I’m sure I’ll be posting more about this race over the next few months. I also plan on running another race before then, but haven’t yet signed up for it. With the big check we handed over last week, my bank account can only handle one race registration at a time!

What was the best thing about the past week? * Have any advice for new homeowners? * Who wore your favorite dress at the Academy Awards Sunday night? * What race(s) are you looking forward to this spring?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats on the purchase! Wash Park is a lovely area!

Lisa said...

Congrats again on the new house. Can't wait to visit. Maybe paint ONE room a fun color? How exciting.


My favorite dress was Kate Hudson or Lupita Nyongo's. Both looked amazing.


I'm looking forward to the More Half Marathon…need to get my butt in gear.