Friday, August 31, 2012

What Do You Run With?

Last night while I was walking from my office to Grand Central, a woman ran past me. I thought nothing of it at first, this happens often, but then I noticed that not only was she wearing a fuel belt, she she was carrying another water bottle in one hand and her phone in the other, and had earbuds in. Seemed like a lot to be carrying on a run and it got me thinking.

Personally, I know that the less I carry, the better I run. But sometimes I have to bring some things along for the ride. You know, like a handheld if I’m taking a route where water fountains are non-existent, my phone and metrocard if I’m running in Central Park, and I always have to stash my keys somewhere.

IMG_2180

  • What do you take with you when you run?
  • The College Football season is starting! MSU plays its first game tonight and I can’t wait to cheer on the Spartans! Who are you cheering for?

Have a great weekend!

************

Today’s workout -

  • 40min elliptical
  • 3x10 upright row
  • 3x10 tricep pushdown
  • 3x10 hammer curl
  • ab exercises
  • stretching 

6 comments:

Terie Cornelio said...

Interesting question you ask. I have often wondered that about people I see running along the trails or even on the road. I don't like to carry anything, not even water bottles. The idea of carrying anything makes me tired. There are a few things, however, that have to come along and thank goodness for strap on carriers.. my iPod because I have to have music, the sound of me breathing right now tires me too, car keys if I had to drive somewhere for a run, but what about water. I haven't had a need for water on the go because my runs have been short lately as I work my behind back in gear. But I do I do when when I need water in the future? some people use those little belts with water bottles attached to them, others carry the hand held water bottles with the straps. I must figure out what will work in future runs. would love to hear some suggestions from your readers...


http://familyinshape.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-new-gym.html

Morgan said...

Totally wearing my Spartan gear in enemy territory as we speak! :) Go Green!


I usually don't have anything on me when I run, but for long runs I carry my 10 oz hand held so I remember to hydrate.

Serea said...

Im lucky, in my route there is fountains and always someone can open my house when I came back, so, I only need my favourites runshoes!! and clothes ;) of course!!

RunTraveler said...

I'm with you... I like to travel light when I run. I buy shorts with a key pocket for house key, ID, and a $20 bill... and aside from clothes + watch that's usually all I run with.


In the summer (now that I live in FL) I also carry a frozen water bottle. But I leave that home as soon as temps drop below 80!

Jessica Grant said...

When I go on long runs, I'm often embarrassed about the amount of crap I have - spibelt with gels and car key, Garmin, Road ID, handheld waterbottle - but I know I need these things when I'm running for multiple hours. I wonder what people think when they look at me. So when I go on shorter runs, I love divesting myself of everything but the necessities!


When I see people running with a lot of stuff, I often wonder if they are one of "those" runners who need to have a ton of stuff with them, or if they are merely putting in a lot of miles. Regardless, it's definitely something I think about often.

Blogger said...

There is shocking news in the sports betting world.

It has been said that every bettor needs to look at this,

Watch this now or stop placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.