I’ve had a Finger Lakes hangover all day. It’s been tough getting back into the swing of things after such a great weekend! I highly recommend a trip to the Finger Lakes if you are looking for a fun, relaxing, delicious and active vacation! While we could have definitely filled a few more days, we had enough time to have some fun.
See the picture of the waterfall on the left? Yeah, that’s in someone’s backyard! Can you imagine waking up to that everyday? The nice elderly man who lives in the beautiful house on the property was kind enough to let us check it out up close. (This is down the street from the B&B where we were staying)
Some of my favorites from the weekend -
- Staying at Pilgrim’s Way B&B, enjoying the beautiful view, chatting with Diana and Richard, the owners and starting the day with delicious breakfasts
- Meeting Tom Murray of Muranda Cheese, learning he stayed at a hotel two blocks from our apartment last summer while visiting his daughter who was interning in the city, seeing his cheese drying room, and doing our first cheese tasting
- Tasting wines at Anthony Road, Fox Run and Dr. Frank’s
- Spending quality time with Woody
- Celebrating our anniversary with dinner at Red Newt Bistro
- Hiking at Watkins Glen State Park, hiking the long trail along the rim at Taughannock Falls State Park then wading through the water
- Sleeping in until after 8am two mornings in a row!
Now, I have to get back into real life and start thinking about the race I’m supposed to run this Sunday and am totally not prepared for. Seriously though, this was a wonderful trip. You should go!!
- Have you ever stayed at a B&B? It’s definitely different than a regular hotel – what did you think of it?
- What is your favorite wine?
- If you had to choose, would you go hiking or kayaking?