Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Could Get Used to This

Good Morning!

Today I’m working from home and it couldn’t have come at a better time. The building our office is located in is shutting off the water today for some reason or another so we’re all working from home. I plan to take full advantage of it, and already have started! While my employer probably isn’t thrilled about this situation, I think it’s great that we get to have a change of scenery and break out of our office for a day. I’m of the mind that it encourages creativity.

Woody and I went to a film screening last night (FYI – “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” is really funny if you’re into British humor) and didn’t get home until a couple hours after we’re usually asleep. We had to wait a bit for a train to come so we sat outside for a few minutes in Columbus Circle where I snapped this picture. We really had one of those New York nights to remember last night. A nice way to start the week!

WP_000079

Even though I slept in an hour, I was still able to fit in a workout since I don’t have to commute this morning! It was already 71’ when we woke up and I had a plan. I started with a 25minute run along the East River and then a little bit of winding streets in the financial district before heading to the gym. It is such a beautiful morning, the weather was perfect and it was just the best way to start the day! I’m so happy to be running again, even if it isn’t very far or long. Just getting out in the fresh air is refreshing and energizing! (this picture isn’t from today, I didn’t take my phone with me, but it is where I ran!)

WP_000037

After my run I added a short workout on the elliptical and some strength training before heading home. The gym is much busier at 7:30 than it is at 5:30 but I was still able to do what I wanted to do. I definitely like going when there aren’t quite as many people though. Sometimes its like we have our own gym!

I have a few time sensitive things to do for work and then I’m heading out to take advantage of the weather and some free wi-fi. No way I’m working inside all day when I have the chance to get out and enjoy the sun!

Okay, time to get working! Have a great day!

  • Do you work in an office or from home?
  • If you had more time in the morning, would you sleep, workout longer or do both?
  • What’s on tap for your day today?

************

Today’s workout -

  • 25min run
  • 20min elliptical
  • 2x15 lateral arm raise
  • 2x15 tricep pushdown
  • 2x15 weighted side bend
  • 100 ab exercises
  • 3x10 squats
  • stretching

4 comments:

Misszippy1 said...

I LOVE British humor/films, so I will have to check that out. Working from home is really the best. I find you can be SO much more productive that way. Enjoy it (and get some sleep!)

Running with Attitude said...

I love working from home and feel very lucky that I can! Hope you enjoyed your day!

Chistine @ BookishlyB said...

I wonder if they call our movies "American humor" ;)

Blogger said...

There's an incredible new opportunity that is gaining rapid popularity online.

Big companies are paying people for sharing their opinions!

You can collect from $5 to $75 per each survey!

And it is open to anybody from any country!