The weekend went by so quickly! Don’t you think? Highlights:
- Great 20minute run + gym workout on Saturday
- Went to Lord & Taylor only to discover they were having an awesome sale. Bought two pairs of shoes – 25% off! Woody left with a couple things himself. Like always though, he bought more for less! Why is it always that guys have better sales than women?
- Got to catch up over brunch with a friend who I haven’t seen in far too long.
- Collectively packed up and donated 4 bags of clothes we no longer wear to Housing Works
- Great dinner out at The Growler Bites & Brews on Stone Street (the burger was the size a burger should be, it was delicious and inexpensive)!
I have a lot to look forward to this week. Tonight I’m going to see a New York Philharmonic concert! I’m excited because it’s one thing I’ve wanted to do in NY, but haven’t. It’s also a celebration of the Frank Loesser Songbook. He wrote the music for Broadway musicals like Guys and Dolls and How to Succeed in Business. (Strange but true fact: I saw more Broadway musicals when I lived in Michigan than I have since moving to NYC). The only time Woody is up for a NY Phil concert is when it’s in Central Park, so I’m going by myself. And I’m cool with that. You can’t talk during a concert anyway!
Given the way Friday ended, I’m expecting quite a hectic three days at work this week. Not really thrilled about this, but at least it’ll only be three days and not five! I’m only getting off lucky because my sister is coming Thursday morning for the weekend! She hasn’t been here for over 5 years and she’s coming sans husband and kids (although I love all three of them) which means we get to do girly things like go to yoga class, get our nails done and window shop. Over the weekend I put together a 6 page document with ideas for exhibits we can visit, restaurants she might like, shops, sights and neighborhoods and sample itineraries. These are things I usually just do in my head when my parents are coming to visit, but I figured since she hasn’t been here in forever, I might as well give her some ideas so we can make the best use of her time here.
Anyway, that’s what’s going on here. I’m just loving the weather, flowers blooming, and you’ll be hearing more from me soon about running!
- What are your weekend highlights?
- Have you been doing any Spring Cleaning and donating?
- Do you have a favorite Broadway show?
Today’s workout -
- 38min elliptical
- 2x15 tricep kick-back
- 2x15 bent row
- 2x15 upright row
- 2x15 weighted side bends
- 50 ab exercises
- 1x55sec plank