If you’re looking for a ‘Best of’ list, sorry, you’re not going to find that here today. BUT, I can point you to THIS mother of all mashup ‘Best (and worst) Of” list from Fast Company. It’s seriously genius.
1. It’s so hard for me to believe that the year is just about over. It’s gone by so quickly! While I wasn’t able to achieve many of the goals I had set at the start of the year due to multiple stress fractures, I still got to do a lot of incredible things and made fantastic memories! So, all in all, it was a pretty good year. Every year we have is a pretty good year.
2. We enjoyed the most laid back Christmas ever. Even with Woody’s Mom in town for several days, we made sure to balance the activities with a healthy dose of relaxation! While I did miss being with my family on Christmas with all the hub-bub of lots of people, stories, and little kids running around ripping open presents on Christmas morning, there is something to be said for a relaxing day at home. We did actually leave the apartment on Christmas day though, to take a walk to the new pier near South Street Seaport.
3. I only had to work two days this week. There was hardly anyone in the office, but I was working on a big project that we were just assigned the week before and was due EOD yesterday. It was pretty intense since there were only a few of us available to work on it, but it was actually a fun assignment and allowed us to do some creative thinking.
4. I’m still going to PT, my left leg is feeling pretty good, the tight ITB is loosening up, I’m building up time on the elliptical and my right foot is still hurting with just about every step. I’m glad I’m in PT cause my therapist, Amanda, spends some time working out the muscle along my shin that’s causing all the trouble. It was feeling a lot better after the session yesterday, but not 100%. I really hope to get rid of this soon; there is plenty I want to do! Like yoga.
5. So far I haven’t come up with my goals or resolutions for 2012. Given my inability to reach my goals this year, I’m kind of weary to write anything big down for next year. I guess my real goal is just to stay healthy, or get healthy, more like it! Aside from that, Woody and I want to keep traveling. We already have a trip to Charleston, SC, planned for his Birthday weekend in a few weeks! Then I’ll be spending President’s Day Weekend visiting my parents. Other than that, we don’t have anything planned yet, but hope to soon. I love having a trip to look forward to and new places to explore.
- What have you been up to while I’ve been MIA?
- How do you like to celebrate the holidays – big parties or small gatherings?
- What is your favorite memory from this holiday season so far?
- Do you have any goals or resolutions for 2012?