Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Moment to Reflect

This week a lot of people have been talking about what they’re thankful for. The chatter is all over twitter, Facebook, the news, and conversation. It’s great that people are thinking about it, but it also makes me wonder why we don’t do it more often. Why it takes a National Holiday for so many of us to do it. I wonder what the Occupy Wall Street protesters are doing today. Are they thinking about the things they have to be thankful for? I’m the type of person who believes that everyone has something to be thankful for, no matter how small it might be. Maybe I’m living in a fairy tale, I don’t know. But I think life’s too short and I’m trying hard to focus on the good things rather than get caught up in what’s hard or disappointing.

I know I have quite a lot to be thankful for…

I have an amazing, and healthy, family that cares about me

A comfortable apartment with a cozy place to sleep and plenty of food in the kitchen

A good job

Great friends

(Relatively) good health

The ability to watch the sun rise and set every day

Opportunities to travel and experience amazing things

I get to live in a city with endless opportunities

I was able to run one of the half marathon’s I had set out to run this year

That I went to the gym for the first time in over a month this morning!!! (even if it was only a mini-workout)

And so much more…

What are you thankful for?

Woody and I stayed home for Thanksgiving, as we’ve done every year, but our hearts are with our families today.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

************

Today’s workout -

This was my first workout after more than a month off due to a stress fracture. Because I need to ease back into working out, and not re-injure myself – the first few workouts will be on the shorter side with little cardio. Our gym is closed for the holiday so I used the fitness room in our building. So far, I’m feeling good, no aches or pains, but I could definitely tell it had been a while since I had stretched or done any strength work!

  • stretching
  • 125 ab exercises
  • 2x15 weighted side bends
  • 2x15 overhead tricep extension
  • 2x15 lateral arm raise
  • 2x15 hammer curls
  • 2x16 bicep curls
  • 2x16 upright row
  • 12 min stationary bike

No comments: