Wednesday, September 7, 2011

So, I Guess It’s Fall

Apparently Mother Nature knew Monday was Labor Day and it’s time for the seasons to change. Yesterday was absolutely gloomy, wet and cold. How did it switch so quickly?

rain 1

This is definitely not happy running weather. On Twitter it seemed like everyone was turning their planned runs into spinning classes or dates with the treadmill. Looks like it’s going to stay soggy for the better of the week, but I don’t think the cold is here to stay. Not yet, anyway! But we are getting a taste of what’s to come. I sincerely wish we could send all this rain towards Texas and put out the hundreds of fires ripping through the State.

I actually like the changing of the seasons. I love the cooler temps, the cozy sweaters, leaves changing colors, apples and apple cider, football games, bustling farmers markets, not sweating buckets before I’ve run a mile, the NYC Marathon. Impending snow, on the other hand, I’m not too fond of.

  • What are your favorite things about Fall?
  • How do you like to spend rainy days?

************

Today’s workout -

  • 45min stationary bike
  • ab exercises
  • 2x15 squats
  • 2x18 seated row
  • 2x18 bicep curl
  • stretching

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love fall! It's by far my favorite season. I love the crispness of the air (bye-bye humidity) and the colors of the leaves. And my birthday is in October.

As long as it's not a torrential downpour or thunderstorms, I'll get out there to run. Otherwise a nice cozy day with my boys is a great choice too!

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

I run in the rain unless it's lightning.