Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What Do You Do With A Perfect Evening?

Okay, so, the list is probably endless. I know. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous, so last night I had a plan when I left work to get home, drop my stuff and go for a walk.

This is something I don’t do often, even though I should. When we were living in our old apartment and I was working my old job, I would walk home from work every night, so that was my walk, my time to unwind. As we now live downtown but work in midtown, the only way I can walk home is if I have two hours to kill. We live in a great part of the city with water only minutes away, as perfect for an evening walk as it is for a morning run.

Woody wasn’t home yet so I had some time to kill before we’d eat dinner, so by 7:15 I was out the front door of our building. I came upon a wedding reception in high gear, kids running through a fountain, men fishing, ferries speeding through the harbor, tourists taking pictures, commuters on their way home, couples enjoying a beautiful night together, the sun setting, and unfortunately, a few people finding their spot to spend the night. This walk made me thankful for the beautiful evening, and reminded me how lucky I am to live in this historic neighborhood and to have all that I have. It was a refreshing way to start the week.

Photo_CBD090A9-6A1D-609C-EF01-10E6F5389FDE

  • Do you take walks or go for leisurely bike rides in the evening?
  • What’s your favorite way to unwind after work?

************

Today’s workout -

  • 45min elliptical
  • 2x40sec plank
  • 100 ab exercises
  • 2x20 overhead tricep extensions
  • 2x15 leg extensions
  • 2x17 weighted side bends
  • 2x20 front arm raise
  • stretching

4 comments:

Raquelita said...

Oh, that sounds delightful. Evening walks are phenomenal. We had hoped to dine al fresco last night However, it was darkening and getting windy when I got home from campus yesterday so our plans for eating on the deck had to be postponed.

misszippy said...

You definitely have some nice territory for walking! I walk the kids to and from school every day, which I enjoy. Often, after drop off, I join some of the other moms for an extended dog walk. It's a great way to loosen up legs and take things in at a slower pace.

Elle said...

Sounds like a lovely evening. I do like to walk at night.

Anonymous said...

What a nice view! I always think it'd be nice to go for a walk at night, especially in the summer, but once I'm home from work and make dinner, I rarely feel like heading back outdoors. I am always happy when I do, though! I love to unwind by cooking a nice meal and eating dinner in bed (good thing I don't live with my BF..)