After more than a week in the Seattle area, I definitely have a few favorites, like:
1. The Light Rail that got us from the airport to one (steep) block away from our hotel for only $2.50 each!
2. A delicious brunch at Portage Bay.
3. Bainbridge Island, the Saturday morning Farmer's Market (tip: get your breakfast at the market, we wished we had), wine tastings at Eleven and ice cream from Mora!
4. Dinner at Purple Cafe & Wine Bar on 4th Ave (Tip: Half off bottles of wine Monday night and the sea salt caramels are heavenly)!
5. The view from the Columbia Center in Downtown Seattle, where the observation deck is actually higher (and cheaper) than the Space Needle.
6. House boats along the shores of Lake Union.
7. An Early Morning Run with the Green Lake Running Group! (Green Lake is a great place to run, walk, play sports, kayak or just get outside and have fun with tons of other people! It was great to see so many people in the area!)
8. Delicious Rainier cherries from Pike Place Market for only $4.99/lb!!!
9. Volunteer Park in Capitol Hill, which was designed by the Olmsted Brothers, the sons of Frederick Law Olmsted, who designed Central Park.
10. A delicious sandwich on gluten-free 'biscuits' from Wheatless in Seattle at Homegrown in Capitol Hill (and Fremont and Queen Anne).
11. The Ballard Locks. (The engineering is amazing)
12. The chocolate tastings at Theo's in Fremont! Simply amazing.
13. Exploring Discovery Park....
14. And Mt. Rainier.
15. Running along the waterfront before the morning fog lifts!
16. Coffee from the Cherry Street Coffee House
And this (just about) concludes my Seattle Trip coverage.
Random note - if you know how to get rid of the extra line breaks between paragraphs using blogger, will you email me at lmhansen (at) hotmail.com? Thanks! They're really annoying me.
Today's workout -
125 ab exercises
2x16 resistance band woodchops
2x18 upright row