2. This week has been incredibly hot. Both Wednesday and Thursday were well into the 90s. I ran Wednesday morning but Thursday hit the gym. It's days like this when we have to remember to be very careful to stay hydrated, stay out of the sun, wear sunblock and not workout in the heat of the day. It's so incredibly important to be careful when it gets hot like this. Also, it's a great idea to check in on elderly people you know to make sure they're doing okay and have a cool place to stay. I'm very thankful that I don't have to work outdoors in this type of heat.
3. This weekend is the annual Big Apple BBQ in Madison Square Park. BBQ masters from around the country convene in the city to show NYC foodies what they can do. It's always a madhouse with long lines at each booth, but it's also fun and delicious! Click HERE for more information.
4. There are always tons of things going on in NYC. So many in fact, that it can be a little overwhelming at times. What to do?! I'm always on the lookout for guides that pull a lot of the events together in one place and the other day I found a great resource on Well and Good NYC. The great women at Well and Good put together a Summer Wellness Guide that lists great fitness and wellness events throughout the city (both free and fee). There's a .pdf version you can download and stick on your fridge for easy reference. I downloaded the pdf onto my phone so I have it anywhere I go! Check it out HERE.
5. If you read my post yesterday, then you know that tomorrow is the Mini 10k. I took a rest day today and plan on getting to bed early tonight because I have an early (for Saturday) wake-up call tomorrow. I need time to get up, have some tea, stretch and get uptown before the corrals close. I'll gladly accept any good vibes you want to send my way!
- What are you doing this weekend?
- If you know of a wellness guide for your area, share it with others by posting a link here!
Today's workout -
none. rest day.