1. The last few days I've been having trouble signing into blogger. Obviously, I can get in to write posts, but when I try to comment on other blogs, 99% of the time I'm denied! I know I'm not the only one experiencing this frustration, but I want you to know that I've been reading posts, I just can't always comment on them. Last night I could comment on a few posts but this morning I don't seem to be able to again. So annoying. Hopefully it'll be all worked out soon or Blogger might see a mass exodus to wordpress.
2. I love the Friday before Holiday weekends! Get our of work early, the anticipation of three days off. I also love when we stay in town for holiday weekend's because the city pretty much clears out. Ahhhh.... calmness. There are a few things on our to-do list, like sleeping in, going for a run in the park, going to see The Hangover Part 2, a picnic on Governor's Island, the farmers market, finish reading The Help. You know, a lot of really taxing activities!
3. Speaking of The Help...it pains me every time I have to put it down! I've been catching the bus to work a little earlier the last few days so I can read on the bus then sit in a park near my office and read for a few more minutes before getting to work. (This is also because it's been so incredibly beautiful the past few mornings that I want to spend the whole day outside). I will definitely finish this over the weekend and will post my review next week!
4. Last Friday I mentioned Woody and I were taking a knife skills class this week. Well, we took the class Tuesday night and I can't wait to tell you about it. But, it'll have to wait for another post. We learned a lot, more than just the technical stuff I thought we would, and the teacher was great. (Insiders tip: Brendan teaches knife skills at both Brooklyn Kitchen and Institute of Culinary Education, but the Brooklyn class is much cheaper) Be sure to check back next week for the recap!
5. Last night I cashed in one of the best Groupon deals ever! Several months back The Running Company offered a $50 for $25 Groupon that could be used on anything but electronics. Well, hello! Instantly I thought "NEW SHOES!!" I put off going for a while because of my injury, but last night I picked up a pretty new pair of Brooks Ravenna 2! I love the Ravenna's I've been wearing and the new ones felt pretty good in the store when I was able to do a quick little treadmill jog before committing. I plan on breaking them in slowly, especially since I'm still coming back from the stress reaction, but it's good to have another solid shoe in rotation.
- What are you plans for the holiday weekend?
- What's your favorite thing to eat at a BBQ?
- Am I the only one who gets more excited about buying running shoes than any other kind of shoe?
- Have you ever switched blog platforms?
Today's workout -
None. Rest Day!