1. News flash: I'm taking a mental health day today! Yes, I need it and deserve it. I'm taking the day off to sleep in, go to the gym (arms and core only) and spend the afternoon with my Grace.
2. Did you know today is Earth Day? While this one day is called out each year, it's really important to think about the earth every day and how our actions effect our environment. Whether you believe in global warming or not, it's just not cool to litter or pollute. The little things we do, like carrying re-useable bags with us, do add up and made a difference. No change for the better is too small.
3. Today is also the first day of the NYC Running Show. That is where I'm spending the afternoon, so if you are there, just look for the girl on the crutches! I am looking forward to checking out the vendors and a few speakers, including Matt Long. I have a feeling I'll be exhausted by the end of the day, but hanging out with Grace and talking running all afternoon, that should keep me going!
4. Speaking of running, next Wednesday is another NYRR YPC event. This time it's a fun run and happy hour! These are always a ton of fun and great way to spend an evening. Runners of all levels are encouraged to join in, of course, and you can choose between a 3 mile and 5 mile route. This is a fundraiser, so tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Go HERE to buy your ticket!
5. I realized I haven't been talking about food very much lately and I need to do something about that! Lately I've been eating pretty simple, easy to prepare meals that aren't very special, so I haven't been sharing. Last night was a perfect example. It was very healthy and really easy though.
Dinner was a bowl of Trader Joe's low sodium butternut squash soup with walnut pieces along with a mixture of lentils, carrots, zucchini and onion, and a pear. It was really simple but a really tasty combination, too.
And now I'll leave you with this Easter picture from my past.
- Am I the only one getting Royal Wedding fever?!?!
- What are some easy things you do every day to help the earth?
- What does your weekend hold?
- Have you entered my PopChips giveaway yet?
Yesterday's workout -
10 minute arm bike
2x10 hanging reverse crunches
3x10 upright row
3x10 lateral arm raise
3x10 back extension
3x10 leg lifts
Today's workout -
10 minute arm bike
3x12 cable push down
3x10 overhead tricep extension
3x10 weighted side bends
3x12 seated row
3x12 hammer curl
3x10 hanging reverse crunches