Did you hear there's a free Fitness Fashion Show for women next Wednesday that's raising money for youth running programs through ticket sales for great raffle prizes? Are you coming?
1. Today my Dad is having eye surgery. He's nervous about it, which makes me nervous. My parents are my rocks, and it's hard for me to see either of them scared or worried about anything. This is pretty major surgery for him but he has a great doctor who is the best in the area. I'm sure it will go well without any problems, but it's surgery, so it's a little scary. Next Friday he goes in for the other eye, so it's not over after today. Hopefully this one will go smoothly so he won't be so nervous next week. I wish I could be there with my Mom while she's in the waiting room; she's had to spend too many hours in hospital waiting rooms. I just called and told my Dad I love him and I'll talk to him soon.
2. I saw a link to this video on Twitter the other day and want to share it with you. The narrator's voice is a little creepy, but if you just listen to what he says, it's pretty cool.
3. While on Facebook the other day I was served up an ad that I actually clicked on. It was for the NYC Running Show presented by Jack Rabbit Sports. It's two days of all things running. Unfortunately though, one of those days is a Friday. Hmmm. The list of events looks great with featured speakers Matt Long and Scott Jurek and highlight panels on women's health and minimalist running. Of course, there will be the usual vendors including all the big running shoe companies and other companies that offer all the essentials for runners. Grace and I have already made a date to attend this inaugural event!
4. Tomorrow Woody and I are heading out to the Brooklyn Flea. Even though this awesome event has been happening weekly since 2008, I've only been there once. And this will be Woody's first time. Until April, when it moves outdoors, it's held in the former Williamsburg Savings Bank, a gorgeous building in its own right. There are more than a hundred vendors, offering "antique and re-purposed furniture, vintage clothing, collectibles and antiques, as well as a tightly curated selection of jewelry, art, and crafts by local artisans and designers, plus delicious fresh food." I'm definitely looking forward to combing through all the treasures and enjoying some tasty food after my 8 mile run!
- What are you doing this weekend?
- What was the best part of your week?
Today's Workout -
None. Rest day!