|not a new picture, but one that I love!|
Thursday night I made simple salads topped with the sausages. Friday night I tried something new.
Egg & Sausage Scramble (for 2)
2 chicken sausages
3 egg whites and 1 full egg
2 small red potatoes
3tbs onion, chopped small
1/2c broccoli (cooked in the microwave if frozen, or fresh)
ground black pepper and dried basil to taste
1 pinch chipotle
2 whole wheat tortillas
1. Chop the potatoes into small pieces and add to a skillet sprayed with cooking spray, add pepper, basil and chipotle. Cover and cook till soft, stirring often to keep potatoes from sticking to the skillet.
2. Heat oven to 325', place sausages on a baking sheet and heat.
3. Add chopped onion to potatoes, cover and soften.
4. In a bowl, mix egg whites and egg with 2tbs water and black pepper, then scramble lightly.
5. Once potato and onion mixture is soft, add eggs and broccoli.
6. While eggs start to cook, remove sausages from oven and then cut into small pieces. Add to egg/potato mixture.
7. Stir mixture with a spatula often enough to keep it from sticking to the skillet while letting the egg set and cook.
8. Turn oven off and put tortillas on the baking sheet and place in oven to heat while mixture is cooking.
10. Once eggs are cooked thoroughly, either fill a tortilla with the mixture (Woody's version) or plate with tortilla on the side (my version). Recommended condiments: ketchup and/or hot sauce.
This turned out really well; a generally healthy comfort meal on a cold night! It's also a great option for both breakfast and dinner, if you don't mind spending a little time cooking your breakfast. There are a lot of steps, but it wasn't very taxing and didn't take all that long once the egg was cooking. The potatoes took the longest too soften but because they were chopped small, they also didn't take too long. I added a little bit of fresh grated sharp cheddar not long before it was done, but it didn't add much of anything so I'll leave that out next time. Also, next time I'll add more chipotle.
What are your thoughts on breakfast for dinner? Love it or hate it?
Saturday's Workout -
3x10 hip abductor
3x10 hip adductor
3x10 weighted side bend
3x12 overhead tricep extension
3x10 glute kick-back
Sunday's Workout -
Today's Workout -
3x10 cable pull push down
3x10 cable pull twist
3x12 upright row
3x12 front arm raise