I hope you've had a great week and are looking forward to a fantastic weekend! I'm sure there is a lot going on, right? So, let me get right to the list.
1. I had an absolutely fantastic run this morning! My foot didn't hurt at all when I woke up, my legs felt good, the temperature was back where it should be this time of year. I set out not knowing if I would go 4 or 5 miles but I quickly decided on 5 since I was feeling so good. I pushed my pace for a good portion of the run and sprinted the last 5 blocks. I definitely got my heart pumping and my legs working this morning! My Friday is off to a great start!
2. Speaking of running... Sunday I'm running the Poland Spring Marathon Kickoff race in Central Park. As you can probably deduce from the name of the race, this 5 miler is meant to be the official kickoff of marathon week! Which, if you're a runner in New York, is a week long holiday of sorts that is more exciting than most 'officially observed' holidays! I love this race, it ends at the marathon finish line and there's just something special about being part of marathon week, even if you're not running on November 7th!
3. If you're in NYC next week and need something to take your mind off running, the 7th Annual Big Apple Film Festival begins Monday. It's a five-day event celebrating achievement in independent film making from the New York City film community, as well as specially selected films from across the country and around the world. Since last year's film festival, Big Apple Film Festival has received over 700 total entries, and the top 110 will be shown during the 5-day festival. For more details, visit THIS site. Bonus: if you attend one of the films, keep your ticket stub and you get free entry into the closing night party hosted by Stella Artois (free beer!).
4. This is an interesting article that compares the daily number of steps taken by Americans with those of people in other countries. Turns out there's DATA that shows we're pretty lazy. Another reason for more walkable towns and to get more people running!
5. Now, I will leave you with THIS little bit of Halloween entertainment! If you do anything today, watch this video. You will be laughing in no time!
Are you dressing up for Halloween?
today's workout -
5 mile run
1 30sec wall sit