Happy Friday everyone! I hope you've had a great week and a great weekend ahead of you!
1. Tomorrow is City of Water Day in and around New York City. I hadn't heard a thing about this until Thursday but it sounds like a lot of fun. It's a day to celebrate and learn about all the water that surrounds this glorious island. Visit the website for information about free entertainment, boat tours, demonstrations, and a lot more!
2. An interesting, but not surprising, article about the incredibly un-healthy meals that are polluting kids menus at restaurants. Read at your own risk. Chances are, you'll feel a little sick after reading this.
3. Yesterday I tried another new Larabar flavor and it is, by far, my favorite yet!! The Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabar is amazing! I loved the little pieces of peanuts that add a tiny crunch. It's higher in calories, but definitely worth a try especially after a long run!
4. As we begin to get ready for our move next month, I'm starting to really clean out the things we need to get rid of. Woody and I each had a pair of old sneakers that are totally worn out, so I took them to the Nike store on 57th St to donate to their ReUSE A Shoe program. It's a great way to give a new life to your well loved running shoes. Nike grinds the shoes and uses the materials to create all sorts of sports surfaces like tracks, interlocking floor tiles and more. All Nike stores around the country collect shoes, so instead of just throwing them away when they're worn out, donate them! Another great organization that collects shoes is Soles4Souls; the difference here is that they collect slightly used shoes to give to those people in need.
5. I've written before about my diagnoses and struggle with Cushing's Disease. Earlier this week I had a 1 year follow up MRI since my last one to see if there was any regrowth of the tumor. Yesterday, Dr. B provided me with the news I was hoping to hear: my MRI was all clear and there is no sign of a tumor! It was incredible news and it makes everything I went through worth it! Well, almost.
Did you get any good news this week? Or were you able to give any?
Who's racing this weekend?
workout stats -
rest day from gym
3mile walk to meet a friend for coffee