Good morning! I hope you've all survived the short week and are looking forward to another great weekend! I'm just gonna get right to it now. Let's go!
1. Do you know about TED? If you don't, you should! TED is a "nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Sharing." It's a place for brilliant minds of all kinds to share ideas and get people thinking. To inspire and entertain. To cause thought revolutions. You may have heard about it when Jamie Oliver won one of the 2010 TED Prize and gave an inspiring and enthusiast talk about obesity and what can be done to end the epidemic. While I enjoyed his talk, here is one meant to entertain, more than anything. Well, I'm sure it will inspire a few men out there. Take 4minutes and 27 seconds to watch Sam Martin talk about Man Spaces. It's pretty incredible.
2. For those in NYC next week, if you can deal with the heat grab a picnic blanket, pick up some dinner and a bottle of wine and head to the Great Lawn in Central Park for a night of beautiful music by the New York Philharmonic! It's a summer tradition in the city - there's something magical about listening to a world class orchestra performing classic works by the likes of Wagner, Mozart and Gershwin under the stars with thousands of other New Yorkers. They are performing both Tuesday and Wednesday evening, so click HERE for more information. Hope to see you there! Oh yeah, it's free!
3. In support of her campaign against childhood obesity, First Lady Michelle Obama is going to hold a live web chat on Tuesday July 13th to answer our questions about the program. The chat will be streamed live on www.letsmove.gov and www.aolhealth.com at 10am ET. If you have a question for Mrs. Obama, send it to email@example.com
4. This really has nothing to do with health or fitness, or even food, but I've been checking out this blog for years now and it never ceases to amaze me. If you haven't heard of The Sartorialist, go check it out now. After working in fashion for 15 years Scott Shuman started a blog that is viewed by thousands of people around the world and released a book earlier this year that is a collection of many of the photos from the blog. Whether your into fashion or not, these are beautiful pictures, and great examples of design, personality, imagination and culture.
5. Just on the heels of the world's largest yoga class in Central Park, Lululemon is organizing Salutation Nation on August 7th. You may know all Lululemon stores host free yoga or other fitness classes each week. This event is taking it a step further. From 9-10am on August 7th the stores will be hosting outdoor free yoga classes. Check out the link to find one near you. If you're in NYC, it will be in Bryant Park. I'm adding this to my calendar, and if we're not moving that day, I'll be there! What a great way to start the weekend, right?
Online videos can be a great way to relax and relieve some of the stress we deal with every day. Do you have a favorite video that makes you laugh every time?
workout stats -